sixteen

I'm looking to the sky to save me, looking for a sign of life, looking for something to help me burn out bright ❞ -Foo Fighters (learn to fly)

In my dreams - sixteen

“Ash, was it really necessary to throw a party for New Years? I mean, just a small get-together with friends would’ve been cool too”, Luke says to his boyfriend.

“I like parties”, Ashton pouts.

“As do I but we could’ve thrown a party after New Years.”

“Just let me do this, please?”

“You don’t need my permission”, Luke shrugs.

“Lukey, don’t be mad.”

“’M not mad”, Luke says and he turns away from his boyfriend’s pleading eyes.

“Yes, you are. Come on, Lukey, talk to me. Why don’t you want a party?”

“I just want to spend the first few hours of the New Year with you and maybe a few friends, not with a house full of strangers.” Luke is still not looking at Ashton.

Ashton is silent for a while. “Maybe you’re right. Spending the New Year with my boyfriend and best friends would be much nicer.”

“You sound sarcastic.”

“I’m not. It’s still not too late to cancel the party.”

“You don’t have to cancel your party because I don’t feel like it.”

“Of course I do. You’re my boyfriend and I love you and I want you to be happy”, Ashton says.

Luke finally turns around and smiles a little. “I am happy, babe.”

Ashton wraps his arms around Luke’s waist and presses their foreheads together. “Let’s cancel the party.”

“Only if you’re sure”, Luke whispers.

“I’m very sure. I’m also very sure we should take a shower together.”

“If you actually want to get clean, that’s not really the best idea.”

“Who said anything about getting clean?” Ashton chuckles and he drags his boyfriend up the stairs.

“Ashton just texted me”, Harry calls to Louis, who’s cuddling with Amber on the couch.

“What did he say?”

“The party’s off”, Harry snickers. “I think Luke wasn’t really up for it.” His phone buzzes again. “But he says we can spend New Years at Ashton’s place if we want. Do we?”

“As long as I get to kiss you senseless at twelve o’clock, I don’t mind where we do it”, Louis shrugs.

“So that’s a yes? Even if I don’t think Ash will appreciate us fucking in his house.”

“If you consider it a yes, then yes. And I never said anything about fucking.”

“You’re confusing me.”

Louis laughs. “Just text Ashton that we’ll be there, you dork.”

“Okay”, Harry says and he sends a text to Ashton, saying that they’ll be at his tonight. Ashton replies not a minute later with lots of emojis and caps lock, something about Niall and a girlfriend. “Lou, can you make something out of this mess of emojis?” He curls up next to Louis on the couch and shows him the text.