Jakul guessed that different area had different kinds of spirits with different personality. He heard tales from an old friend of his that there were these strange bird humanoid creature that lived in the far east in the high mountains. They looked like beautiful, colorful, birds that hunted with bows and arrows. Most of them were female and had a strange guardian called a flying elephant. To Jakul this was strange but yet all creatures were strange in this century.

Back to Jack and his mischief, the toddler would try and freeze everything. A few times Jakul would come home to his house covered in ice. The Pooka had to teach young Jack that ice belong outside and took his stick away from him whenever he was bad. Jakul figured out that the hook stick was Jack's medium for his power. Without it Jack could only tap into a small part of his powers causing only little frost that would melt away after a few minutes.

Another thing Jack did was he would try and follow after Jakul. It became a hassle whenever the Pooka would try to make Jack stay put. That's why, today was the first day that Jack would be allowed to follow Jakul on his hunting trip. Even though in Pooka culture, and it seemed in human as well, that Jack was too young to go on any hunting trip. But Jakul had to take him with him due to the fact that Jack would scream his head off whenever Jakul left. That would cause any predator in the area to come a kill the child.

For such a quiet child, (whenever the Pooka was around), he sure had big lungs. Thus the walk to find some food with Jakul on four while Jack on two.

The reason why Jack was on two legs was because with all the so far experience with Jack, the Pooka realized the human anatomy did better on two than four. Don't get him wrong, he was going to teach Jack how to fight on four as well, but Jack just seemed to slow him down when the boy was on all fours.

It had been a pain at first since Jack wanted to copy the Pooka. Jakul had to stand, similar to Bunnymund when he stands up, to show Jack to stand properly. The Pooka only stood on their back paws for one reason. Like bears that would do it for dominance or scare others off, they could only stay like that for a short period of time before falling back to all fours. And since Jack was only able to reach Jakul's chin, it made it easier for the Pooka to force Jack to stay on two legs.

Jack hated at first, he would yell at Jakul to put him down so he could walk on fours. But the Pooka kept up the charade until one day when Jakul was sick and tired of Jack's whining, he let out a nasty growl that petrified Jack into shutting up. It was a harsh lesson but better than having your neck pinned down like a wolf mother with her cub to show whose boss. Jack walked on two legs unless Jakul allowed the toddler to walk on four from that day forward.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jack and Jakul were walking down a wooden path when all of the sudden the Pooka heard something in the distance. Standing on his toes, ears up high, he listened for the sound. The Pooka could hear heavy rustling not far off from them. The Pooka realized that it may be a dangerous animal. Jakul had to think quickly for the animal might hurt Jack since he was small, weak, and slow. Even with Jack's powers (Jakul made sure Jack brought his staff with him) would not be enough to defend himself from the creature. Jakul looked around, while Jack looked up at his father with confusion and worry. It wasn't until he felt Jakul pick him up by the back off his hoodie that he was carried off onto a large tree.

Jakul climbed the large tree until he saw the large nook that would fit Jack perfectly. The Pooka placed the toddler on the floor of the nook and pushed him all the way in with his paws. Once inside Jack looked at his father, who face read

"Whatever you do, don't come out until I come for you"

Jack could only watch as his father vanished from the hole and head downward. Curling into himself, Jack had no choice but to wait for the large Pooka to return. Trying to listen for sounds of his father, the boy only heard growling and loud roars from his father and a strange beast. Then Jack heard blood curling yelp, roars, and grrrs. The sounds of a fight going on just below frighten the poor boy. Closing his eyes tightly and clutching his staff closer to himself as he practically inner prayed for his father to be alright.

Soon all the sounds stopped, which worried Jack. The boy peeked one eye open as the sound of something climbing could be heard. Jack sat up and looked out the crack to see Jakul peering inside. Jack rushed out and almost fell out if Jakul hadn't caught. Bringing the crying toddler to his chest, Jakul was heartbroken when he saw the fright from Jack of losing his father.

Once Jack was done crying and left with a whimpering mess, Jakul climbed down from the tree. Off the tree, Jack was placed on the ground and looked up at his father. He saw that blood was cover some parts of his fur but most was on his mouth. Recognizing that it was not his father's blood, he only got a glimpse of the fallen foe before the large Pooka place Jack on his back.

As Jakul scampered away, Jack grew a little that day. The law of the forest was dark and heavy. For not everything was kind and innocent. Just like Jakul's opponent, it was kill or be killed. If Jack wanted to live in this world he had better shape up. But Jack was still small so Jakul decided that it may be best just to hunt near home until Jack was old enough to protect himself.