Chapter 2

North was furious. He yelled at Pitch, not only for what he did to Jack but that they were unable to find him.

Pitch kept his anger from showing as he mocked North, that it was his fault for leaving a Snow Globe out where anyone can get it. What was this, twice now that this had happen?

North rage boiled as he tossed one of his blades at the Nightmare King. Before the sword could hit the boogeyman, Pitch vanished in the shadow leaving the blade to clank and fall.

Letting out a huff in anger, North regain his composure as he walked towards the controls. Knowing that the guardian's would not be happy with this, twisted the lever and the aura lights shined in the air.

Each guardian looked up from their work to see the lights. Letting out gasps, sighs, and annoyance, they all headed for the pole.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It had been a few month now that little Jack and the wild Pooka lived together. The wild Pooka was named Jakul. As we know, he once had a family and because of his tragic loss, he couldn't bring himself to be with the other Pookas.

For you see, similar that to a wolf pack, Pookas will sometimes stay in a herd. Either for protection or as a family. Since Jakul had lost his, he felt more like an outsider with the other Pookas. That feeling changed when Jack came into his life. The child was mischievous and different. Jakul could tell that the little tyke was a trickster and when he got older would be more of a hassle, but still loved him.

xxx

For the passing months, Jakul left the little toddler in the cave while he got them dinner. Bringing back carcass of meat from different animals, he taught the child how to eat. The child did have most of his new baby teeth in his mouth, so the child was able to bite and chew his food. Jakul would break off a piece and show toddler how to eat the uncooked meat. The child would stare at him confused and in awe. He looked at the meat still confused about what to do with it. Jakul figured he had to take the matter a step farther. Tearing of another piece of meat, he held it out to Jack. Putting it close to the child's mouth, the boy could do nothing but bite it.

At first, since children's sensitivity was high, Jack spat it out in disguised. Jakul watched the child try to spit out the rest. He knew that like all new borns, when trying something new, they needed to acquire the taste. Jakul tried again, this time Jack took and ate it. Blood smear on the boy's mouth as he licked his hands. He looked back at the Pooka for more, but all Jack got was a cold shoulder. It then clicked in the child's mind that he would have to get it himself.

Standing up on all fours, he tried to crawl to the carcass. The toddler sunk his teeth into the meat as he tried desperately to rip a piece of. Jakul watched his kits try to eat and saw that he only could naw. Figuring over time the child's mouth would be stronger and able to tear meat with ease as he aged.

xxxxxxxx

After that day, Jakul watched the child to grow and learn. He decided to name the child Jack, for in his tongue it meant mischievous child. And Jack was definitely mischievous. The toddler would get into all sorts of trouble. At first he just crawled around the cave and it was not a problem as long as he did not go outside. But Jakul learned, like his sixth sense told him that day he first found Jack, that the toddler wasn't human. Jack was able to control the power of snow and frost. Thus Jakul realizing that he was raising a winter spirit.

Rare and only seen up north, winter spirits were know for their power to control ice and snow. Some animals had come to fear them because they brought harsh winters and mostly killed of their food source (plants and water). While others enjoy the spirits because they thought they were pretty with their white hair and blue eyes. They saw them as gentle spirits that didn't want to harm them but caused mischief on the humans. They would also detract the humans with their other abilities of winter such as ice fishing, skating, and snowballs. Most animals find it strange that humans did this, but as long as they did not hunt them, they did not care.