Four - Ketchup

Sans

Sigh.

With my hoodie on, I gently tug a small packet of ketchup from my pocket. On my last visit in Grillby's place before we decided to pack, He ended up giving a handful to me; he'd usually slap my hand whenever I drank the entire bottle. So it's quite surprising that he even gave me these. I ain't complaining though.

I ripped it open with my teeth. A few drops had landed on the hem of my white shirt. Crap. Prolly a horrible idea to begin with. Oh well, I muttered to myself. The thought of Papyrus yelling at me once he finds out came crashing down my trail of thoughts. Sorry, bro.

As I lay down on the tiled roof, I couldn't help but notice how bright the moon is. The night sky was filled with so much stars that I barely lost count. Heh. Guess Pap's going to get his wish once he looks up. A bitter taste made its way on my tongue as I reached for my fifth packet. My fingers were slightly stained with thick red blobs. Even after all this time, my thoughts keep haunting me. Tch.

Are we finally free?

"Ohhh yes!!!"

I winced at the loud echo of the speakers. The sound of Mettaton's seductive voice sends shivers down my spine... In a very bad way. It's like you're listening to some kind of rated M robot film. Geez. Don't look at me like that. Fine, If you're into that sultry robot stripper, I respect ya. I reached for another packet, but I ended up pulling the other end of my pocket. Looking down, a few of the unopened ketchup packets had fallen below my feet that had hung on the edge of the roof. Oh for fuck's sake.

Great job, Sans.

I sat up and listened to the loud cheering. The other monsters gathered around the campfire not too far from here... Probably on the other side of the forest. Well they're having fun. The cool night breeze caused me to hide my hands inside my jacket's pockets. Part of me wants to join in with the excitement but then again what's the point? Sigh. Who knows? Maybe I'd end up waking up to the same disoriented room I had in Snowdin.

"Sans?"

I slowly turned my head to see the (h/c) haired girl from earlier. Her eyes were both filled with surprise and concern. She was wearing a comfy band shirt with her skinny jeans. Her bangs were a mess and fell down at her shoulders. A beanie sat idly atop her head. I pulled down my hoodie. What is she doing here?, I muttered to myself. Then again, this is her house.

"Oh hey, (Y/n). Aren't you going to join in on the party?"

"I was about to ask you that myself," She huffed and tossed over a few packets of ketchup. I had easily caught them with my hand. I glanced back down to see the clean ketchup-free grass. No wonder.

"To be honest, I was on my way to the campfire area when suddenly, I was attacked by the tomato's unwanted offsprings. Don't get me wrong... I'm just glad it wasn't bird poop."

Guess I'd have my alone time some other day. I wasn't really in the mood for conversations but it wouldn't be nice to push her off like that. After all, she did bring back my ketchup packets. I'll save those for later.

"Well, if you hurry now... You might still be able to ketchup," I smirked.

"Oh har-har. That was very humerus of you," She rolled her (e/c) eyes playfully before walking over to my side. "Anyways, you mind if I join in?"

I scooted over, acknowledging the space beside me. She gladly sat down and hugged her knees. Up close, I could finally notice her features. She looked pretty cute. We had a few seconds of silence before a muffin was centimeters away from my face. What the-

"I figured you wanted some food while staying up here," She offered.

A Chocolate chip muffin. Not gonna lie, it smelled really good. Did she bake this herself? Or maybe Toriel did? The longer I stared at it, the more I could feel hunger eating away at me. Damn. This is what I get for skipping breakfast this morning which was one of Pap's new version of his extraordinary spaghetti. His secret ingredient was a pile of sugar coated temmie flakes we bought a month ago, I love my brother and all, but I wanted a meal away from anything pasta related for once

"Thanks." I glanced back at (y/n) who was currently staring at the campfire site. "So, going back to the question. Aren't you supposed to be at the party?"

"Yeah. I just thought you wanted some company, that's all. You looked quite lonely."

"Nah, I'll be alright. The others might end up looking for you. You're the guest of honor after all."

She shook her head and insisted on staying. Now I know where Frisk has gotten her stubbornness from. Guess I couldn't argue with that. We ended up talking for the entire night. A couple of puns here and there. She ended up bringing me a bowl of macaroni and tomato soup plus a slice of Toriel's pie from her fridge when she had found out that I hadn't eaten yet. Turns out some of the monsters had given her different sorts of food before they headed onto the party. Heh. We've been laughing for who knows how long. Before we could continue on our conversation, we were interrupted by a loud whistling.

Pssssssssssfffff.....

BANG!

I stood up and glanced at the different shades of colors emerging in the sky. It must've been midnight. Man, we've been talking for so long I didn't even realize that it's that late. I glanced at (y/n) and opened my mouth to utter another joke but I was surprised when she held on tightly on the roof tiles she sat on, her eyes were wide. She looked extremely pale and her breathing became rapidly fast. She winced when another batch of fireworks exploded. Hold on...

"You're not afraid of fireworks, are you?"

"I-it's not that. It's just that what if they f-fly off in the w-wrong direction and explode in our f-f-faces?!," She stuttered.

I blinked for a moment and took off my jacket. I placed the hoodie over her head like it was some sort of cape. It was slightly big for her which was good, since it slightly covered her eyes. Her hands were still covering her ears but she was a little bit relieved when I had sat down and pulled her closer. "Don't worry, I'm here."

"No problem, bud."

-------AUTHOR'S NOTE-------

Heyaaa. Sorry if it's a bit rushed. ^^"
Anyways, I hope you've all had a wonderful day.