20

Calum. Calum. Calum.

Have you fucking seen him?

Michael couldn't stop his thoughts from racing as he stood on Calum's front porch. He was hesitant to knock, and he just continued to ponder on and on about what he was going to say that wouldn't sound stupid. He normally didn't care about a lot of things. . but with the brunette, he cared a little too much.

It was four in the afternoon, a bit later than he planned on it being, but only because he went out of his way to buy Calum a gift. He was exploring the streets after feeling down about how terrible his friendship was with Tyler, and he saw something in a window. A dress -- to be precise. One that would look great on Calum.

It was baby blue, a mixture of short and long, definitely a dress that would go to his kneecaps but wouldn't go above that. It had small ruffles in the middle of the dress, and it came with any item of the customers choice. Michael chose a baby blue beanie -- because they didn't have any flower crowns. He knew Calum would look good in this. He could just see it.

"What would I even say?" Michael mumbled to himself, pacing back and forth on his crushes front porch. He probably looked like an idiot in front of all the neighbors, but he couldn't help it. It was like he was powerless and there wasn't much he could do to control his emotions. It really sucked.

"Oh hey, I'm sort of in love with you and I wanted to prove it by buying you this," Michael spoke once again, shaking his head as he realized that sounded completely stupid. "Idiot. You can't just say shit like that."

It was a now or never moment for Michael, and a huge part of him wanted to chicken out and run away but that wasn't who he was. He was going to grow a pair and actually do what he came to do. Make his move and win his crush over.

Michael anxiously knocked on the door, his knuckles feeling like they were shaking once he removed them. Was he really that scared? Of course he was. He didn't know why either. And he expected to see one of his family members answer the door, but oh, Calum answered and that made matters even worse for him. Stupid fucking feelings.

"H - Hey."

"Hi," Calum smiled warmly, and Michael took in his appearance for the day. He had on a lilac skirt that was shorter than it should've been, a white tank top, white leg warmers, black flats and a black bow in his hair. He looked nice. He always looks nice. "How are you doing today?"

"G - Good, yeah, a little cold. Mind if I come in?"

Calum just moved out of the way and allowed Michael to follow him inside. He was always so welcoming. That's something the pale lad loved about the Maori. "How about you? We haven't talked all day."

"I'm doing swell, been baking Lemon Bars all day!"

"What for?" Michael questioned, buttoning up his denim jacket that really wasn't much help since it was completely shredded. It made him look punk rock though. And he liked it a lot. "Mums hosting a charity case to help injured animals. Gotta love her."

He and his family were quite adorable. "Really? And so you're baking to raise money?"

Calum simply hummed and returned to the kitchen. There was literally flour everywhere. Like the time they made that cake. He couldn't stop smiling at the memory. "That's right. I'm so excited! I wanna be like her one day, saving the world."

"You already are."

"What does that mean?"

Michael cleared his throat, looked down as if he was ashamed of what he just said, and he decided to change the subject so he could clear some of the tension in the room. "I got you something today."