Attempt #16

It was a Thursday. The beginning of the harvesting season, where crops took their toll  and leaves found their way to cover the grass that was once green, and is now drenched with water and sided with muddy puddles that kids just splash around in all the time. It was a Thursday, and Michael was standing in the middle of a thrift store, because he had nothing better to do. And Tyler was with him, carrying around the camera like it was his first ever born child, like it was his duty to protect it -- which it was, and Michael appreciated it. He was also holding a cup of coffee, to which the pale boy warned Tyler about because if he spills even a drop of hot liquid on the camera, he's paying for the entire thing. And it wasn't cheap.

"I need a new face," Michael sighed as he glanced around for somebody to prank, anybody, because he knew his channel was slacking, and people were starting to get bored with his pranking videos of just doing proposal after proposal after proposal. He couldn't help the fact that he didn't have any other ideas. Michael just didn't think he was as cool as people portrayed him to be. "I need an energy boost, can I have a sip of your coffee?"

"Oh sure, let me just go grab a decontaminator machine so that we don't share germs," Tyler mumbled, and when Michael furrowed his eyebrows, Tyler rolled his eyes, "I was joking. I don't want your lips touching my drink, alright? It says property of Tyler, meaning it belongs to me, and nobody else touches it but me."

"Damn, okay," Michael stated as he continued to look around, just before whispering get the camera out, get the camera out, over and over again until Tyler finally got the message. He had the perfect target. It was another girl -- one that was a mixture of geeky and stylish, one that looked like one of those popular girls who was actually super geeky behind closed doors. Kind of like that one movie, 'Geek Charming.'

"Hey," Michael popped up out of nowhere, scaring the girl a bit, and she wanted to punch him for doing that, but she was too nice to cause any problems. "Sorry for scaring you, but I was really desperate to get your attention, and that was the only thing I could think of."

"You're lucky you're cute."

"Right," Michael bit down on his lip, because all he could think about was CalumCalumCalum, and how he was still planning out the date for him and the Maori, "I just wanted to say a couple of things, and don't get the wrong idea here but-"

"Ah, wait a second," she stopped him, making Michael even more agitated by the minute because he just wanted to get this over with, "I hope this isn't some prank, I've seen a ton of those going viral on the Internet."

Michael began to laugh while shaking his head. "That's just ridiculous. I didn't even know people did stupid things like that," Michael reiterated, "but I do want to tell you that you're beautiful. More beautiful than the models that are photoshopped onto magazines, that's for sure. . . and uh, I want my future kids to have something beautiful to hold onto, and that's you. Which is why I'm about to ask you this."

The pale boy licked at his chapped lips, just before getting down on one knee and pulling out his usual faux ring that nobody accepted anyway, and that was okay. Because it basically belongs to Calum now. He belongs to Calum now. "Will you marry me?"

"Yeah, I'll marry a complete stranger, what is this?"

"Sorry," Michael frowned, though deep down, he wasn't as sad as he thought he would be, because the brunette still consumed all of his thoughts, and he couldn't wait for this date to happen, "I guess I'll just go return this ring that I spent so much money on."

"Dude, I've seen that ring at family dollar for like, six dollars, who are you trying to play?"

"You, I guess," Michael shrugged, and the female in front of him rolled her eyes. She was sarcastic, just like Tyler, except she wasn't on his level. "I'll just have to move on and hope for the best."

The pale boy then turned on his heels and walked away shamefully, putting off the act when Tyler hit the grey button and ended the video. "That was probably the worst prank yet."

"Definitely."

"Well, I have to get going, but call me tonight so we can talk about tomorrows' prank."

Michael nodded, and allowed Tyler to walk away after getting his camera back, hating that he'd have to go straight home to edit one of those videos. Everything was starting to feel like a chore to him, and he hated it.

And Michael didn't get to see Calum today, but there was a bright side, and that just so happened to be a Skype call that the colorful haired lad wasn't expecting, but hey, their friendship (relationship?) was full of surprises.

-

A/N;

I have returned after decades of not writing. Yikes.

Thoughts?

Please leave feedback.

Love you all.