18

"Okay, so first things first, we need flour."

"You mean this?" Michael quirked, holding up the large puffy white bag that was somewhat heavy, but also not because he lifted and had muscles, despite people saying otherwise. "Yes, Mikey, that is what we need."

Michael felt proud of himself. He's usually not good at guessing what is what, but hey, that's the beauty of trying. That's what he thinks, anyway. "Can you grab three eggs from the fridge and the carton of milk?"

"But -- but, I don't do dairy, it makes my tummy hurt."

"Are you lactose?"

"Yes."

"Then why did you eat that cinnamon roll I offered to you?"

"I couldn't let such goodness go to waste," Michael grinned, and Calum just playfully rolled his eyes. Michael doesn't even care that he's lactose, cakes are everything. "Here you go your master che-"

He dropped all three eggs on the floor. "Shit, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that."

"It's okay. You have flour in your hair."

Michael loved how gentle Calum was. He slipped his flower crown off, that was lilac with a hint of red, and his dress hung loose on his body as he threaded his fingers through the pale boys hair and got the bits of flour out of it. It was a very pretty dress, knee-length, black with lace, back showing, bow tying around the waist, and his cute little black booties matched it perfectly. "Why are you so kind to me?"

"I dunno."

Right. Michael refused to believe that. When Michael fixed his position and arched his back up to the correct position, he realized that his face was awfully close to Calum's, which is why he cleared his throat in hopes to relieve some of the tension. "So, the cake."

"I have some more eggs in the basement fridge downstairs. Mind adding these ingredients into the mixing bowl while I go get them, please?"

"Sure." How hard could it be is what Michael wanted to say, but he just kept his mouth shut. He didn't really want to say anything else, considering the fact that he already dropped it and wasted three perfectly good eggs. He didn't even touch the bowl, in fear that he'd mess that up too.

Calum returned only in a matter of seconds. "How's the stirring going?"

"It isn't." Calum just sighed. He knows Michael isn't completely helpless. "Is something wrong? L - Like I know you're capable of stirring two ingredients inside of a bowl."

"I'm fine. Just a little bit distracted is all."

"By what?" By you.

"I don't really know," Michael chuckled with flushed cheeks, and Calum just nodded his head in such a bewildered and shameful manner, because he didn't know what was up with his crush, and it bothered him. "Okay, so I'll stir and add the ingredients, you'll just have to hand me them. Fair?"

"Yeah, that's fair." He really wanted to help, but he couldn't focus when the cutest human being was standing right next to him. "Hey, this is kind of boring. Wanna listen to some music while we bake the cake?"

Hell yeah. "Sure, anything in mind?"

"I have a playlist on my phone that we could check out but if you'd rather listen to something else, then that's fine too."

No, I want you to share your music with me. Michael could never really say the first thing that popped into his mind. "Yours is fine, I'm not picky." He's actually really picky.