Chapter 17: Nothing Was The Same

All my fears welled up inside of me. It felt like I was running as fast as I could but the more I ran the longer it took. I finally saw the light, I ran as fast as I could to get there. But someone grabbed me. They pulled me into a giant black hole, my fighting was useless. I couldn't see who my attacker was but they whispered something to me. They said....

I woke up out of a cold sweat and looked at my clock. It was 3:36 in the morning. My room was pitch black, the only thing that lit it up was my phone, which currently had a notification. Picking it up, I could see that Jayy called me twice. One at 2 am and the other at 2:54 am. It must have been really important if he called me at this time of night. I decided to call him back. The phone rang about 3 times and someone finally picked up. "Hello?" Said what seemed to sound like a girls voice. "Um is Jayy there?" I asked sounding a bit confused. "No, he is in the shower I will tell him to call you back." She said as she was about to hang up. "Um hold on!" I said before she can hang up. "Yes?" She answered. "Who may I be speaking to?" I asked sounding a little impatient. "This is Loudres, who is this?" She asked. "Hey babe who are you talking to?" said a voice in the background. I let the phone fall on the bed as I covered my mouth. How could he do this to me.

Really, Loudres? Out of all people Loudres. The funny thing is, Loudres is dating Jacob. I cried in my pillow. Its surprising how fame can change someone into a whole different person. I thought I knew Jayy, I thought I found something real. Roc was right, he warned me about what would happen but I didn't listen. I wish I would have taken his advice when he told me that he was going to be faithful. That whole night I cried and thought how stupid I was to even had him called my best friend. I owed Roc an apology because he was just trying to protect me.

Her <3 : hey can I talk to you

I waited for a reply and he texted me back almost instantly.

Asshole : what do you want

Her <3 : I just wanted to say thanks for warning me about Jayy

Asshole : you found out didn't you

Her <3 : found out what ?

Asshole : that he was cheating with Loudres

Her <3 : you knew all this time?!

Asshole : yep

Her <3 why didn't you tell me!!!!!!!?!!

Asshole : I did tell you... but you didn't listen

I looked at the message and I threw my phone on the floor. How could he know and not tell me. And to think I was actually going to try and be nice to him. Tears started rolling down my cheeks again. I was to mad to even try and wipe away my tears. Some "brother" he is. I laid back and tried to close my eyes and block out all of the things that just happened in a matter of seconds. I was actually really hurt. I found myself drifting off to sleep after that.

My alarm went off as I opened my eyes. I staggered out of bed and into my bathroom. Dried tear streaks were left on my face, I wiped them with tissue as all the things that happened hours before flutted in my head. My phone beeped on the floor where I had thrown it earlier. I went and picked it up and there were tons of notifications on my phone.

12 missed calls from Jayy

Jayy: hey baby

Jayy: Baby

Jayy: I know you aren't sleep

Jayy: I'm coming over tomorrow

Jayy: please answer

Jayy: I called you

I didn't even bother to read the other messeges. I took a shower, got dressed, and I did my hair. I walked downstairs and saw Roc and Maria in the kitchen. I walked in and waved goodmorning to Maria. I still wasn't going to talk to Roc, I felt betrayed by him. "Are you hungry?" Maria asked me while washing her hands. "Oh no thank you." I said with a weak smile. I glanced at Roc and he was playing with his hands. I looked at my phone and it was time to go. "Um Roc its time to go?" I said. "Oh yeah, uh bye mom." He said as he got up and kissed her a goodbye. I waved to Maria as Roc got his bag from off the couch. I guess today it was only me and him riding today. We both got into his car and he pulled out of the drive way and we were on our way.

The car ride was silent the whole way and we didn't dare look at eachother. We got to a red light and I couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to turn on the radio. Once I turned it on Roc looked at me then turned it off. "I was listening to that." I said turning it back on. "This is my car!" He yelled slightly while turning it off once more. I crossed my arms and looked out the window. "Why didn't you tell me?" I said in a low voice while still looking out the window. There was a long silence between us. "Because I wanted you to learn from your mistakes." He finally said. I rolled my eyes and continued starring out the window. My phone all of a suddenly started ringing. The caller ID said private so I answered it. "Hello?" I say. "Finally, you answer the phone." I balled my hand into a fist and my nostrols flarred up. "Jayy... delete my number and get out of my life." I said. I saw Roc glance at me out of the corner of his eye.

I hung up my phone and crossed my arms. I was officially mad. We pulled into the school parking lot and everyone was already inside. When he cut off the engine I hoped out but I heard Roc call my name. I turned around and shrugged my shoulders, "What?". He locked his car and walked up to me. "Look Yn, I know we got off on the wrong foot buts let's forget all about yesturday okay. My friends won't mess with you anymore." He said. "But I still don't want you hanging around that Micah kid and his friends, they are nothing but bad news." I stepped back and scowled at him. "You don't want to help me! You just want me to be a loser. And now that I have friends, you want me to just leave them. Well I'm not because I actually have people that want to be my friend." I spat at him. He shook his head and put his hands in his pockets. "Okay then, miss I know fucking everything. I warned you now its your choice if you want end up like all the other stupid girls that fell for their tricks. Just don't come crying to me when they have your dumb ass crying." He said as he walked right past me and into the school. How could he say that, I don't even know what he's talking about.

I walked into the school. Some people were even pointing at me and looking at me. I honestly didn't care, I just wanted to get to my locker so I could go to first period. As I gathered all my books and I closed my locker I saw Micah looking cute as always. "He pretty lady." He said as he flashed a smile. "Hey dude." I said back to him. We walked to first period together in silence. Once we got to class we settled in our seats. Today he decided to sit next to me so he took Beverlys seat. She didn't say anything about it, she just sat in another seat. I found that kind of strange but I didn't let it bother me. What was bothering me was what Roc said about him. I tapped on Micah's shoulder and he turned to me. "Can I talk to you about something?" I asked him. "Sure." He said. "Well someone was talking to to me and they told me to stand clear of you. That you do things to girls I guess." I said. He chuckled lightly, "Yn, do you think I would ever hurt you? I know I just met you yesterday but it feels like I've known you for my entire life." He spoke. I don't know, but something about what he just said just lit a spark in me. It was honestly cute.

After 3 periods of school it was finally lunch time. I sat at the same table that I did yesterday and there was still no Joanne or Michaela. About half way into lunch time all attention from the table was turned to me. "So Yn?" Micah began. "We are having a little get together tonight and we wanted to invite you." He smiled. I blushed a little, "Who is we?" I beamed at him. "Oh just the guy and some more friends. "Oh okay, sure." I said. "Cool, wear something nice." I nodded my head and we got back to eating.

Throughout the day it was normal. Nobody said or did anything to me. I was on my way to 7th period, the last period of the day when I saw a line of my classmates outside of the door. I walked up and there was a sign on the door. It said "Look at list for your partner". I stood in the line and waited for my turn. My name was the last name on the list and my partner was Sebastion. I was a little uncomfortable because I was told to stay away from him, and also because he doesn't like black girls all that much.

I took my seat next to him and he didn't even look at me. "Okay class today you guys have been paired up to do a middle semester paper. You and your partners are going to kinda switch lives, so I want you too write their likes, dislikes, similarities, and all that. This paper is due next Friday." The teacher explained. Everyone got to work except for me and Sebastion. He just kept texting like I wasn't even here. I cleared my throat and picked up my pen. "So um, what are your favorite things to do?" I asked him. "Why." He said. "Maybe because we have a paper to work on." I said with a slight attitude. He didn't say anything so I thought to myself, if he wants to be an asshole I can be one to. I took out my phone amd began to text. A couple minutes later he tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey do you think I can borrow your charger, my phone is dying." He asked. I laughed a little, "Why?" I asked. "Um, because my phone is dying." He said. I looked him, "No." I said shrugging my shoulders. About 30 minutes into class Sebastions phone had died and I was playing Temple Run.

"Hey do you think we can get working on this assignment?"

Gotcha !!

"Oh now you want to work on it. You weren't saying that when you weren't paying attention to me." I said and giggled to myself.

He grabbed the paper from off the side of my table. "I'm sorry." He whispered. I smile to myself and I put my phone in my pocket, "That's all I wanted to hear." Me and Sebastion got to work. We got a lot of work done and we even set up a time for me to go to his house so we can finish it. He is pretty cool and not as much as an asshole as people says he is.

I met Roc at his car, and without saying a word we drove off home.

_______________________________________

Link to what Yn Wore to school is in the comments