Land of Warriors - 2

Wings of Heaven (AoS) 1.6

Everyone was drinking and dancing around the bright bonfire that had been lit in the center of town. The merry-making had an infectiousness to it that had Raz smiling fondly as she stayed off to the side and nursed her own horn of drink. She had been approached by many an Imuchakk for dancing and games and conversation and she had complied briefly before excusing herself, her diplomacy subconsciously at work to make every happy and accepting of her presence yet get the message that she didn't really want to be around anyone at the moment. The peace wasn't going to last long, though.

She laughed as Sinbad got yanked around by the children, only to find small hands locked around her wrists and pulling her closer to the revelry. She sent an exasperated smile at the little beaming faces before muttering a quick sentence to Pipirika as she passed her.

"I think you should talk to your brother." The last glimpse of the girl that Raz caught was of her leaving the main circle of firelight, then she was plunked down and occupied by a large group of girls her age and younger who all wanted to talk and gossip with her. Somehow, the conversation dissolved into her teaching new braiding techniques to the girls and doing some of the younger ones' hair.

Later, when they were readying for bed, she felt uneasy. At one point during the festival, she had felt a strange, malevolent presence that just had her freezing up and bristling unexpectedly, immediately on guard. She had played it off as nothing when asked, but had kept all of her heightened senses on high alert. She had not shown it, but she had carefully tracked with her hearing and smell the presence as it lurked around the village and eventually settled by the chief's house. When they had returned to the house, she had acted naturally and gone to bed with everyone, but instead stayed up and faked sleep, wanting to be ready in case this presence attacked.

Which Sinbad was making exceedingly difficult with the entertaining things he muttered in his sleep.

She was on high alert as the presence finally made a move, lunging at her unsuspecting companion with what sounded like a blade of some sort. She reacted quickly just as he was about to hit and jumped up, grabbed the figure's collar, and tossed him across the room. The following loud thump woke up Sinbad and probably alerted anyone nearby. The small figure jumped up to the rafters again and the two were given a chance to finally see him.

"A kid?" The muttered in sync, confused that the one that tried to kill Sinbad was so young. The kid threw the dagger and they realized it was attached to a string. Sinbad grabbed it and yanked on it, pulling the kid from the rafter, but didn't notice the ones coming from behind until it had tied them up. Raz had dodged the one heading towards her by back flipping across the room, but was too slow to stop the kid from tackling Sinbad to the ground and pointing a dagger at his throat.

"I knew I would be enough to kill you and subdue the girl!" The kid laughed haughtily. Raz was about to step in before she noticed the same thing Sinbad had already seen and smirked, folding her arms. "Why are you smiling?"

"Sucks to be you~" Sinabad's unsheathed blade began to glow before filling the small kid with several thousand colts of electricity, easily subduing him.

~~~~~

The four in the room stared down at the young boy, assessing him quietly before Sinbad began to speak.

"Who are you? Did Parthevia send you?" The kid only humphed and looked away, angering Hina but only amusing Raz, an emotion she quickly his.