The Birth of a King - 1

Wings of Heaven (AoS) 1.1

A young girl by the name of Amaterasu, who preferred to go by the name Raz, lounged out on the top of a stone building to enjoy the hot sunlight warming her and the stones her lay on. Though most would be burned and blistered by such heat, this special girl was never affected much by temperature changes and could easily withstand most climates. The sun was her favorite, though, because she could lounge out like a cat and sleep until dark when her job as a night guard for a caravan pit stop began or until the afternoon when she danced with a performance group.

She never had to do much for that either because few caravans made it to the pit stop without being raided by bandits along the way and though it may sound harsh, she was only being paid to guard the pit stop, not the caravans, and at night, not during the day. She would sleep the morning away after her night shift, then head down for her afternoon job as a dancer. Though neither job paid much with the economy as shitty as it was, it was enough to feed and clothe her and keep her clean at the public bath houses. She never really needed an inn because she was a light sleeper and never got sick. The few who had tried to mess with her while she was sleeping soon learned not to do it again.

Currently, a caravan had nearly made it to the pit stop but was stopped in the street directly below her. She had slid a single lazy eye open, exposing her almost-black, dark blue eyes that were speckled with silver, gold, and white like the night sky. She watched the scene playing out below with hidden interest, deciding whether or not to step in before anyone got seriously hurt. Just as one of the bandits went to hurt the old man with the caravan, a voice shouted and drew everyone's attention to the shadow of a young man on a rooftop high above the street.

He was quick to jump down and attack the men before they could hurt anyone in the caravan. He quickly disposed of them before checking to see if anyone was hurt, introducing himself as Sinbad. Just as he began to put his moves on the girls, some of the bandits started getting up while many more filtered out of the alley ways and shadows. He got into a defensive stance but before anyone moved a rich, teasing voice rang out.

"Ara! Ara! You're making me look bad, love!" The purple-haired boy addressed blinked in confusion as all of the bandits tensed and paled. A figure dropped down from another roof and Sinbad was surprised to see a young girl with the wildest hair he had ever seen.

It was like fire and gold mixed together with hints of copper and bronze and some silver thrown in. Most of it was tied back in a pony tail, but there were shorter strands framing her childish face with a crooked smirk decorating it. Her eyes were closed, so he had no idea what they looked like, but he could just tell that this girl wasn't your average, run of the mill person.

She yawned and brought her arms behind her head, cracking one eye open to reveal a surprisingly dark colored orb that surveyed all of the bandits critically.

"Raz-San! We didn't realize you'd be up this early! What brings you down here; especially since it is neither night time nor in the rest stop." Her crooked smirk turned positively wolffish as her other eye snapped open, revealing slightly sharper than normal canines. Her eyes glittered predatorily at the obviously frightened men.

"Somebody woke me up with their screams of pain~!" She chirped and, if possible, her grin became downright savage as a strange glint to them. "I was also feeling both a particular rush of energy and kindness towards these poor caravan people. I'm practically buzzing with excitement right now, but I'm sure you all have something better to do than to play with me, yeah?"

Sinbad had never seen a market square clear out that fast. The girl mock pouted and scratched the back of her head sheepishly while everyone just stared at her.