Wings of Change - Prologue

Wings of Heaven (Magi) 1.P

The Fanalis were a well-known people; the famed hunters and conquerors of the Dark Continent. With legs stronger than steel that could pierce a lion's heart with a single kick, they were a race to be feared. But also on the same land lived a dwindling race of people who were even more ferocious than the Fanalis. Rumored to fight like real monsters by ripping throats with sharp fangs, slicing to shreds with claws like daggers, and wielding the elements like gods in human form, this legendary race was believe to be naught but myth.

The Drakonis.

With their name akin to the mighty beasts of wing and scale, they fought with an unparalleled ferocity eagerly sought for by armies and empires. They were a deeply religious and strict society with laws that prevented outsiders from mingling to keep their bloodlines pure. As such their numbers began to dwindle and, with the ever growing demand for Drakonis and Fatalis slaves, their species became endangered. They could not be bred to produce more because each Drakonis can only choose one mate and can only have children with that one mate for the rest of their lives. If one mate was to die, then the other would feel like they had lost half their soul, but gaining a mate unlocks a Drakonis' full potential so not choosing a mate is like a bird never learning to fly. Purposeless.

With their people hunted and lands razed, the mighty Drakonis faded into legend and their truths became gossip and the gossip became bedtime stories for children who wonder about adventure and travel. But there was one who hid her true identity, one who played human but always remembered her pride and home from whence she came. She took it upon herself to rebuild an empire for her people; one where they would not be threatened with extinction and isolation. One where she could endorse trade and economy like her ancestors never did.

But that's quite the tall order for a twelve year old girl, don't you think? She may just need a little help from our favorite miracle child.

What do ya say?

----------

368 Words

DISCLAIMER: I'm going to say this one time and one time only, and just for legal matters. This is a FanFiction which means that I am taking the world of some type of media, in this case anime/manga, and manipulating it to suit my own desires. None of the characters or ideas in this story are my own except those directly related to the main character as well as the plot tangents she experienced separate from the original storyline. The original writers of the manga/anime deserve the credit for their amazing world and characters and plot line, not me.

Now sit back, relax, and enjoy the story. I'm actually really proud of this one.