C H A P T E R; 13

Nicole's POV

NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL

I walk to my locker not making eye contact with anyone. I bump into a couple of people and mumble sorry. I get to my locker and put the combination in and grab my math books. I then start walking to math class. That was until I was pushed into the lockers which makes me drop my books. I look up to see Derek. Great. "W-What do you want?" I stutter. "You know exactly. Dont play dumb! Why did you tell Mikey? Huh?" Derek says pushing me up against the lockers even more. "I didn't tell him..." I say, that technicality wasn't a lie, Bryce told him, not me. "Whatever, just watch your back because you'll have something coming for you." Derek states and walks away. I grab my books off the ground and walk into Math class. I sit in the back and put my hood up on my jacket. The room started filling up and i slouched so no one saw me. "Okay class so we will be starting-" the teacher starts talking but I don't listen. I couldn't stop thinking about what Derek told me. Watch your back you'll have something coming for you. Terrifying to think about it because i don't know what he meant by that. And i don't wanna find out anytime soon.

After the last bell rang I walked slowly to my locker. Maybe I'll get in a car crash on the bus and die. But you know I'm not that lucky.

I get to my locker and unlock it then put my backpack in my locker and grab my phone and beats. I usually don't take my backpack if I don't have homework or its the weekend. I close my locker. I turn my music on and put the beats over my head. I click on Pandora while walking towards the buses and Wait by NF comes on. I'm deeply in love with NF's music. I walk out of the school and get on the bus. I sit at the back and go on my phone. I feel someone sit next to me and look over to see Bryce. I roll my eyes and bring my headphones around my neck. "What do you want Bryce?" I ask him. He looks at me and says, "Look, Nicole, I'm really sorry I didn't mean to tell Mikey you know what happened, but I couldn't help it.." "I trusted you" I state. "I'm sorry" he replies. "Well a word can't fix what's happened." I reply and put my headphones back on. I turn towards the window and bite my lip. I look over to see Bryce glaring at someone. I look up and see Derek sitting infront of me. Great.

I sit back down and sigh. I sit back up and he looks back at me and says, "hey cutie" "leave me alone" I reply. "I don't want to though" he starts, "may I add you look very sexy today" Derek continues. "Leave her alone" Bryce says stopping me from sayig something. "And if I don't?" Derek looks at Bryce. "Then I will hurt you to the point you can't move." Mikey says sitting across from Bryce. Derek rolls his eyes then sits back in his seat. Mikey smirks and goes on his phone. I smile alittle and look back out the window. My phone buzzes and i look at it. Unknown number texts me. Hey princess, wanna hang out after school? The text read. Who is this? I replied. Jake the text read. I have a project to work on sorry i replied. Sure you do princess Jake texted. I rolled my eyes, Believe what you want. I texted back. He reads the text but doesn't reply. The bus comes to a stop and I get off along with Derek, Bryce, mikey, and Morgan. "Hey, uh, Nicole.." Derek says lightly grabbing my wrist. I yank my wrist away and keep walking "fuck off" I mumble. He grabs my wrist again but tightly this time. "Don't touch me." I say gritting my teeth. He smirks at me, "when did you get all this courage? Because to be honest it's kinda sexy" he starts and bites his lip. "seriously let the fuck go of me." I say and pull my arm away. "Leave me alone." I say and start walking away until he says, "By the way Jake wants to talk to you" Derek tells me. "Thats his problem" I reply and walk to my house where Morgan already was. Mikey turns around and sees me. "Hey, Nicole." He says. I lightly smile and reply "hi" "Jake won't like you talking to other boys" Derek yells towards me. "And I care because?" I yell back to him. "You'll see.." Derek says and smirks. I flick him off and start walking away with Mikey. "Wanna come over my house..i need to talk to you."
Mikey asks me. "Uh..i don't know" I reply and look down. "Please.." he asks. I sigh, "fine..you have 10 minutes though." I say and follow him to his house. I get another text message and open it to see Morgan sent me a message which said "ooo you and Mikey ;)"

I closed my phone and blushed. Wait why was I blushing?

We walk in his house to no one being there. We walk to his room and he sits on his bed. He motions for me to sit next to him and then I sit next to him but not too close. "Okay, I'm not gonna say sorry, but I will show you how sorry I am. I promise" he starts but i cut him off by saying "promises are meant to be broken" "I don't break promises..anyways, i wanted to tell you that I never meant to hurt you.." he says but I cut him off once again "but you did" he looks down and continues "I fuck up, I'm fucked up. I can't fix what I've done. I see.." Mikey states and covers his face. "I'm sorry.." I say and look at him. He sounded like he was about to cry, "stop you have no reason to be." He states. "How can I fix this?" He asks. I get up and stand infront of him. "Mikey.." I say. He doesn't listen to me. Was he crying? "Mikey look at me" I say. He doesn't listen though. I sigh and gently grab his hands and take them away from his face and he tries to look away but I knew he was crying. I grab his face gently and make him look at me. I could see tears running down his face. "Mikey.." I start but he pulls me into a hug. I hug him back. He hugs tightly.

I let go of him and look at him. I wipe his years away and softly smile. "I forgive you" he smiles big, we stare at eachother what felt like forever until he starts leaning in as I do too. I didn't know what I was doing. I had no control. That was until our lips connected. Our lips moved in sync. And the feeling was everything. I was falling for Michael Barone. That was until I realized Jake would find out and would not like it not one bit. I didn't want to but I had to do the one thing I am going to regret sooner or later. I pull away from him and he stares at me I stand up and step up. I could only think of what Derek said.

Jake will find out.

I looked at him and then ran out of his house and ran to my house. Why'd I kiss him, I fucked everything up, like always. I run into my house and seen Bryce and Morgan cuddling on the couch. I fake smile and them and walk upstairs and go to my room.

I walk in and lock my door. I lay on my bed and look at the ceiling. What did I just do. I look around for my phone but realize I left it at Mikeys house. Well fuck..