Chapter 12 - "You can call me Karma"

My eyes are scanning the room for something to hit the clone with when Barry runs into STAR Labs, his eyes widening at the sight of Black. That's when I grab him to keep him from charging at the clone. 

"Barry, it's okay," Caitlin says.

"It's not okay! Black's here, and he's just standing there.........." Barry's voice changing from anger and fear to confusion. "That's not him is it?"

"It's one of his replicates," Wells answers.

"How'd you get it?" Barry asks us and Caitlin beams with pride.

"I grew him. I isolated a sample of Black's blood from your suit to see if I could trigger the in vitro cultivation process and learn how Black multiplies. So I exposed the target cells to a protein gel, and they began replicating...into that."

"I honestly think he broke the petri dish he was in," I mutter and Barry finally smiles a little before poking at the clone.

"Why isn't he doing anything?" Barry asks, waving his hand in front of Black's face.

"We did a brain scan," Dr. Wells says. "Involuntary motor functions are active, little else.

"We think it's acting as a receiver," Cisco adds.

"The clones are an empty shell without Black." Caitlin starts. 

"Shut down the real Black, and you might shut them all down." I finish and Caitlin throws a grin in my direction. 

"But how do we know which one's the real Danton Black?" Barry asks.

"That occurred to me given your own passing out," Caitlin says. "Black has limits, just like you. Controlling all of those clones must require a tremendous amount of physical strength. So, look for the one showing signs of weakness or fatigue."

"He'll end up being the prime," I finish, typing rapidly on the computer to try and get a location on the prime.

Just a theory... But one you might want to put to the test, Mr. Allen," Dr. Wells says.

"Plus, I whipped up these high- calorie protein bars for you to keep your metabolism up," Cisco says.

Then, out of the blue, the clone starts moving right towards Caitlin. She screams and I push her behind me instinctively to shield her from the clone but when three gunshots ring out, I find someone pulling the two of us away from danger.

"Anymore of them?" Joe asks, lowering his gun.

"Nope!" Caitlin responds as Barry who had pulled us out of the way looks at me, nervous. I nod, signaling I'm okay and he slightly relaxed. "Why did it start moving?" He asks.

"The prime," Dr. Wells realizes. "The prime must be on the move and this one heard the summons for battle."

"I know where he was summoned," Joe says. "Stagg Industries."

"You should call it in," Barry says.

"Police can't fight this," Joe answers. "What Black's become, like Mardon... Beyond me. Maybe way beyond them, too. The only person it's not beyond is you. You gotta do this. I get it. So for once in your life, do what I tell you to do. Go stop him, and do me a favor and take Rani with you."

"Wait what?" Cisco asks and I look at Joe, shocked.

"After you walked out of the Stagg Industries warehouse with barely a scratch, I did some digging," He says. "Turns out your description matches the description of a dark haired, brown eyed Starling City vigilante who mysteriously disappeared about ten months ago. Fought under the alias Karma."