** 13 **

Zacky's POV 

I grinned widely as I watched Gabby walking around, setting up her and Nadia's room.

Seeing the woman I love and the child who's become such a big piece of my heart, making a home in my place, was overwhelming to say the least.

I couldn't be happier.

And yet, there was a dark shadow hanging over our wonderful moment.

The threat that is keeping us from being truly content.

The threat from her piece of shit ex boyfriend.

I tried taking a deep breath to relax myself, but it didn't work.

I silently stepped away from Nadia's and Gabby's room, making sure to not make a sound.

I walked through the house, checking the windows and doors to make sure they were locked.

I set the alarm and made my way over to my workout room.

I closed the door and slipped my gloves on, circling the bag slowly.

I gave a soft punch, testing the firmness of the bag.

It's been a while since I'd last used it.

And then I was circling and giving out combinations until my hands were moving so fast, it felt like I couldn't control them.

I pretended the bag was Gabby's ex and acted out a portion of what I would do to him if I ever caught him around my family.

My arms felt like dead weights and I let them fall to my side, laying my head against the bag as I tried to catch my breath.

I heard a soft click behind me and I turned to see Gabby leaning against the closed door.

Her eyes were wide, her arms crossed over her chest, almost as if she was hugging herself.

Trying to keep herself together.

"How long have you been there?" I asked her, taking in a big gulp of water.

"A while." She said quietly.

I walked over to the bench and sat down, starting to take off my gloves.

I heard soft footsteps and I looked up to see Gabby walking towards me.

She kneeled in between my legs and grabbed my gloved hands, gently easing them out of the sweaty mitts.

My hands felt sore and raw but I felt a lot better.

Gabby's eyes were focused on my hands and I tried to pull them away from her view.

"It doesn't hurt that bad." I toke her quietly.

"Were you frustrated about something? Is that why you came in here?" She asked, looking up at me.

I stayed quiet for a moment, not sure if I should tell her or not.

I took in a deep breath.

"Every time I think of that piece of shit laying his hands on you or trying to hurt Nadia, there's a roaring in my ears and my blood starts to boil. When I get like that, the only thing that makes me feel better is pounding on something." I told her honestly.

Her eyes widened in shock and I grabbed her shoulders, pulling her onto my lap before she could scurry away.

"I was angry, yes. And hitting something makes me feel better. But I don't want you to ever, ever feel afraid of me. Wanting to punch a bag and wanting to cause you harm are two completely different things. I'd never hurt you Gabby. Or Nadia. I love you both and I'm not going to let anyone hurt you." I said firmly.