09.5: Nick's Life (Special Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"Get in." I gestured to the seat beside me.

She nods and walks to the other side, opening the door and sliding in. "You don't talk much?" I hummed.

"Jaxon asked that once too. And yes, I don't talk much unless it's necessary. I think that listening will provide new knowledge to a person." She answers with a confident tone.

I thought about her words for a moment. "Then for today, can I ask for a small favor?" I queried, my lips tugging up into a smirk.

She nods without hesitance this time. "Okay. What is it?"

"Let loose. Don't feel timid or shy. Have fun and talk all you want, smile all you want. Surely you can do that for me?" I said, starting to drive.

"You want me to talk and smile a lot? Isn't that request too simple and small?" She asks, confused.

"Nope. That's all I want from you today. Don't forget that today, you're mine." I winked.

"I'm yours'? I don't recall saying anything like that." She frowns, crossing her arms over her chest.

I chuckled at her innocence and her cute gestures. If she keeps this up, I'm sure that she'll be my next aim. We drove past the park and we were an hour away from the carnival.

"You see, when I asked you out and you agreed, it means that you're mine for the day." I tried to explain. Man, this is harder than I thought.

"Only for today." She subtly smiles.

Ah, that's cute.

Nick, don't let your playboy and womanizer side come out. You're here to ask about Ava's likes and dislikes. And at the same time, you should make sure that the innocent bunny has fun.

I want to see a new side of her. I'm sure she has a wild side too. Maybe I can even help Jaxon by observing her from this date.

We were silent as I drove to the carnival. There was nothing to talk about, so I switched on the radio. Avril Lavigne's "I'm With You" started playing. Damn, that's one nostalgic song.

Soon into the chorus, Celeste started singing along. And trust me, her voice was alluring and bewitching. She has a resounding and a velvety voice. I could listen to her all day if I wanted to.

Slowly, I started lowering the volume so that I could hear her voice more. When the song ended, she shut her lips again. "No one told me you could sing so damn well," I inform her.

A light blush dusted her cheeks and she looks down onto her hands. "I don't think that I sing that well." She objects.

"I bet that even people at war would stop and listen to the sound of your angelic voice." I praised her generously and sincerely.

This time, she rolls her eyes. "Such an exaggeration. But thank you." She smiles.

"Don't forget my request." I remind her.

She nodded obediently. "Talk, smile, and have fun." She repeats.

I laughed and pat her head. "That's my girl," I said without thinking. Her cheeks lit up again and I awkwardly coughed.