09.5: Nick's Life (Special Chapter)

Start from the beginning

Maybe Andrea, she's a ditzy one though. Or Maria, but she's a b*tch most of the time. Liza will be a good date, but she's clingy as hell. Somehow, Ava is the only person I want to go out with.

My phone rang and the caller was Celeste. I was surprised. I immediately picked up and offered a short greeting.

"Nick, I wanted to know the time that we will meet up. And where the carnival is." She states, going straight to the point.

"I'll be in your place by noon. Don't worry, I know your address." I assured her.

"Is that so? Thank you." She expresses her gratitude before ending the call.

"Kid, it's dinner time!" Dad calls from downstairs.

"Geez, I'm not a kid anymore." I mumbled with a faint smile. I ran down the stairs and sat on my seat. At the same time, my mom comes in, holding a paperbag with food.

"Your dad told me that we'll be having pasta. I think that fries and milkshakes would go well with it." She giggles, placing the food down on the table.

Dad stands and grabs the chocolate milkshake, which was his favorite. I grabbed the vanilla flavored one and mom's favorite is the strawberry one.

"Your mom is the best." He chuckles.

I rolled my eyes. "You two are so flirty," I commented. Dad smirks and purposely presses a kiss on mom's lips. I shuddered and looked away.

I took a forkful of dad's pasta, shoving it into my mouth. "Mhmm, it's good," I complimented, closing my eyes. Dad smiles and thanks me.

After eating, I washed the dishes and went up the stairs. I decided to do my homework for once before going to bed. I need lots of energy for tomorrow. I have to make sure that Celeste will also have fun.

The next morning, my alarm rang. I shot up and turned it off. I headed to the shower, picking out casual yet nice clothes. After that, I decided to have my breakfast.

My parents are both out, working their asses off. And since I can't cook even if my life depends on it, I had to eat cereal. I checked the time and it was already 10:30.

I washed the bowl together with the utensils before dashing up the stairs. I grabbed my phone, wallet, house keys, and car keys. I walked back down and opened the top cabinet of the kitchen. There were a pack of random sweets in a jar, so I took a few.

I hopped into my car after locking the door of the house. I drove off the Celeste's place. It took about half an hour or so.

To: Celeste
I'm here outside. Take your time.

I placed my phone on the passenger seat, tapping on the steering wheel in boredom. Girls usually take long to get ready, right?

Within five short minutes, Celeste barges out of the house. "Bye Matt! Don't forget to visit dad!" She calls out before looking back at me. She was wearing a cute, lacy chiffon dress. Her hair was in a messy bun and her makeup was kept light. She looked captivating.

I rolled the windows down and gave her a grin. "I thought that I told you to take your time." I laughed.

"It would be impolite of me to keep you waiting. After all, not only will you accompany me, but also drive me there." She answers with a formal tone.