Chapter 19 - Holiday Time

Magsimula sa umpisa

Manik was angry as being the boss he had to take permission from Mr.Roy but nonetheless he accepted Nandu's challenge.

Nandu's family was very happy when they heard Manik was going to join them.

As promised he had completed his work on time by pulling all-nighters and he was able to join Nandu's family for this nice and long trip.

During the drive, Manik was tired and hence he had slept while others preferred chit chatting.

(Manik's POV) We reached Nandini's grandfather's house.. the main purpose of our visit to the Nandu's town was because this week was marking Nandu's grandfather's death anniversary. The House that Nandu's Grandfather had was not less than a palace. I had enjoyed looking and taking the tour of the house, which was beautiful. Each room was dedicated or designed to a particular place where Nandini's grandfather had visited. Like one room was designed in Roman style while one in Indian style, one was Chinese style etc.

Nandini had thought about giving a chance to Manik by dating him on Shanoo Aunty's insistence. The week had passed by very fast. Nandini and Manik had gone for Tree Climbing, they had relieved the old memories by seeing old photo albums, playing cards and board games and also visiting town. Manik had then realised that he had already known Nandini from his childhood. He saw that Nandini was very popular among the guys he did get jealous knowing the fact but he knew that they none were her boyfriend.

(Manik's POV) One day, Nandu and i had gone and visited Mr. Veer Dhawan (best friend of Nandini's Dadaji and the head of Dhawan Industries). He also had enlighted me about his childhood and he had equal fun at his place. Nandu told him that she is planning to date me. Though i was shocked, I understood that Nandu is very close to Mr. Dhawan. She called him Dadaji and he also told me  to call him Dadaji. He also told me how much Nandu is weak mentally, though she says she is strong and told me to treat her with care. But I thought that he was just simply taking tension because from my point of view she was really strong and very tough to handle.

The day had come when they had to visit Dadaji's grave and we all had paid him our due respect.

Even I had accompanied Nandu's family. The grave was in middle of nowhere and it had a small temple attached to it. The place had given him peace in his heart.

While others were in the temple, Manik decided to walk around the place and there he saw Nandini talking to her Dadaji's grave.

(Nandini) "Dadaji, I said yes to Manik with an intention to reject him within sometime, if he didn't give up on me after seeing the person who I am, but the more he knows about me, I feel his love getting stronger

(Nandini) "Dadaji, I said yes to Manik with an intention to reject him within sometime, if he didn't give up on me after seeing the person who I am, but the more he knows about me, I feel his love getting stronger. I wanted to reject him but being with him this past week confuses me. He is not like how I imagined him to be. I realise why people are attracted to him. I thought that he was arrogant, tyrannical but he is nothing like he shows himself to be. He is honest, gentle, listens to people, considers others feelings, and makes a person feel at ease. He is also selfish, possessive, and sometimes adorable. His sincerity confounds me. I don't know when it started, but I feel comfortable to be with him like with you or Rishabh. I feel safe. I like him. But I don't know if it is feeling of love. I can see that Manik loves me, desires me. But I am not sure of my feelings. I want to make sure of whether I feel that he is like a brother to me or I love him like a lover. I am scared to think further. I am scared if I will be like mother who found her true love later. I feel like I am doing something bad to Manik. I never felt guilty towards anyone else like this in the past. Manik is the first person to make me have these feelings. Oh! What should I do, Dadaji? I am confused. Please help me."