Chapter 11: Play

All along the night Mr. Kim and I would play the sweet couple role which I really don't get why.

I can't even ask him since we don't get a chance to have a time alone. Even when eating dinner, the other big boss's would come to us and do their chit-chats about their businesses which I grew tired of.

"Long time no see Francis!" greeted by this handsome man in front of us. I seriously lost my mind for a second upon seeing his face.

"Steven Oh! What a coincidence we met here! I never thought you would come, judging by the state of your company this will be a tough challenge for you to promote it in here!" Mr. Kim said sarcastically.

"And you happen to bring the wrong one tonight. Do you think the grumpy old Kim will be happy if he finds out?" The other mocked and spare a glance in me then smiled.

"She sure is a beauty though. What's your name sweetie?" He asked.

"None of your business." Mr. Kim answered in my stead and drag me to our table which I'm so thankful to find out empty. Now I have the chance to ask him what's going on here.

"Not to be rude or complaining Mr. Kim, but may I ask why all of these people refer to me as your girl? And what's the other man a while ago talking about?"

He rolled his eyes and fixed his suit then look around before facing me.

"Just go on with the play."

"Play? What do you mean play?" I asked, puzzled of what drama he's plotting with me right now.

"You know, as for a secretary you sure talk much. Stop oggling into someone's business and just do as I say. The last time I check your job description oggling into your boss's life isn't part of it. So what is this Miss Choi?" He asked raising a brow.

"Uhmm...I'm just curious Mr. Kim." I said and look down avoiding his intimidating stare.

"Then shove that away and act as what I say. This is still a part of your job. Got that!?"

I nodded in response and he caught me off guard when he suddenly reach for my hand and kissed the top of it. He smiled so sweetly at me then his smile fall above my head, at my back, someone behind me.

"Francis."

A voice of a woman sounded and that made me tensed. His mother? Girl friend? Who?

"Mina.." Mr. Kim said back and stare at her with undefined expression. Hurt? Anger? Longing? I can't tell.

"I've been looking for you everywere. I waited for you at the entrance. Grandpa said you're here and supposed to be with me. Not with someone who isn't worth your time. Not with low class bitch who's clinging on you right now." She said eyeing me from head to toe and to my hand which Mr. Kim's grasping so tightly. Bitterness lingers to every word she said, she's hurt I guess. Whoever she is I know she and Mr. Kim have something and I don't want to involve with them.

I immediately pull my hand away from Mr. Kim's grip and excuse myself. Mr. Kim didn't even reacted, he just let me slid off easily. A part of me expected that he'll call my name or stop me from leaving, but he didn't and that pained me. I don't know why I suddenly felt that. Maybe due to embarassment. Whatever!

I go to the hotel's rooftop to have a fresh air. Being with social elites in one room suffocates me. I don't belong to them. It makes me feel so low socializing with them. All of them always talks about business or boasting about their billion dollar properties.

"Woah! Is that you? Lacey?" A familiar voice sounded behind my back. My eyes rounded upon seeing his face. How come he's here?

"Surprised? Missed me?" He chuckled finding my reaction amusing.