Chapter 3: Jerk next door

I take hops and glides, dancing like an idiot along the streets through our home. Happy, that is what I am now. I mean who wouldn't be?

For about a year of looking for a descent job, its my very first to have a good one. Not that I didn't excel at the recent interviews but I find this one good, I mean great among the rest.

I take long sprints till I reach the bottom of the staircase through our rented home. Yes, we used to rent an old, near-rotten house. What else? It's the least we could take to pay with.

I glance up, trailing my eyes around the newly built ones and sighed upon realizing that the weird flag of that man on the next apartment buiding isn't present.

I've been used to that for a week now seeing that the thing would always bug me. Staring at it used to occupy myself from whatever possible possession I'm in. It's just that, I find it wierd.

I rushed up to the door and knock before opening it for myself.

"Mom! I'm here!" I called out but no response. "Mom are you home?" None.

I shrug and proceed to my room finding every corner of the house empty and change clothes. I must prepare myself for whatever job I'm in for tomorrow.

Letting out my old planner and diary, I settled my self comfortably on my study desk. It's been a week since I last visited my usual comforter which I tend to write with when I'm bored or in need of friend to talk about my hardships in life. But of course, It didn't respond.

"Cindy! Are you home?!" My brother called outside.

"Yup! Here in my room Baby!" I shout back and I hear him groaned.

"Quit calling me that! It's so disgusting!" He whined upon opening the door and let himself in. I stuck my tongue out at him and he scowled.

"You think I didn't notice that you're hitting on that cutie blonde!" I snapped and he immediately creased his brows at me. Surprised eh?

"How did you know that?!" He gasped and I shrug in response. "Hey! When did you started prying on my personal life!" He asked and I plastered a grin at him.

"I know you Babe. I met that girl too. She's living on the next building and I always caught you peeping at her early in the morning. Not just once but almost every time now." I stated and his jaw dropped.

"Hey! I wasn't peeping or doing such disgusting things!" He retorted and I laugh at him seeing how red and embarrased he is to be discovered his wierd feelings towards the blonde girl.

"Alright Mr. Denial!" I manage between my fits of laughter.

"I knew you were peeping at that guy too!" He gibber and I whip my head at him, scowling as I do.

"That boy next door! You're waiting for him to show up didn't you?" He curl his lips and I raise a brow at that. For all I know he's just trying to find a hole to bore me that embarrasing moment he's in all this time.

"I'm just curious...about the flag. I think he's a wierdo." I said and he creased his brows finding my word inappropriate to decribe the guy.

"I heard a lot about him. They say he's a gangster." He said and I dart him a 'are-you-sure' look.

"Yeah! And I think that flag's stating the troupe he's in. He's cool right? And you know what?" He leaned closer and whispered through my ear. "He's hot!" Then shrieks loudly like a girl.

I cover my ears at that and dart him a glare. "So gay Josh!" He glared back at me and stood up, yanking the back of my chair which cause me to fall and hit my back on the floor.

"Ouch!" I wince as I struggle to get up and catch him but he's so fast, more like striking lightning. "I hate you babe!" I yelled.

"Shut up!" He shout back and I whimper as I struggle to get up, but as a clumsy me, I always end up hitting my butt on the floor and as I did that, a faint laugh would always errupt. Who was that?

I struggle to make a quick bump and luckily lift myself up. I instantly look for that evil whose voice were in hoarse due to hard laughing, and there, I find it.

"WHAT'S SO FUNNY!" I shouted for the boy next door to hear. He paused a bit and finally manage to calm himself from his laughing fit.

Our gazes met and his expression turned to smug one. Such a jerk! Wait! He looks familiar.

"Did we met before?" I questioned him and he suddenly turned away, patting his fringe to somehow cover some sides of his face. Aha! I knew it! It's him!

I scoff and shook my head in disbelief. What a co-incidence! That guy! That jerk who almost killed me! It's him! That mysterious boy who happened to be living next door.

"It's so nice to meet you, Cindy Choi." He smirked and I glared at him furiousy before shutting the terrace door of my room. Stupid jerk!

---

Thanks for reading(*^﹏^*)

©Janie(*^﹏^*)