Chapter 5: Meet the gangster

Unlike yesterday, today I'm lucky to be going home more early. It's 9:00 PM and as a reward for creating such excellent presentation, my boss let me go home early to rest.

I hop out of the bus and start to walk through this dark alley to my home, looks like the street lights were off or worse, damage again.

The dark engulfed the surroundings which I find it hard to keep my step securely still. Unfortunately, our street were like a maze which is the best hideout for those gangsters who tend to play hide and seek. Speaking of that, I'm in the deep trouble aren't I?

I walk briskly and keep my eye around me for whatever demons, or criminals or monsters might catch and kill me. It's my first time to be out of home at night and this sends me chills down my spine. I hate this!

Two turns and finally I'm home, but a sudden wailing of siren made me halt and glance at my surroundings. My stomach churn as nervousness rush through me.

"This way! Comon!" A voice hissed and the rushing of steps followed which I quickly run to hide on the safest corner I could see. But before I could do that, a hand grab mine and pull me with him as we run in the maze.

"Hey mister! What are you doing? Let me go!" I manage between my breaths as I struggle to yank my hand away from his.

"It's him! Comon' this way!" A voice behind us yell and I can feel him near us.

"Keep your ass moving!" The guy whose pulling me hissed and doubled his steps which made me more weak to catch up.

"I..I can't!" I said but it didn't bother him. He still pull me with him till we spotted the other troupe whose chasing us right in our way.

He pulled my waist and pinned me on the wall over him in the dark corner, waiting for the troupe to pass.

"Shhh.." He hushed as he covers his hand on my mouth.

Though dark, I could see a part of his face. His mask were now pulled down and his hat flew out with the run we did earlier, only leaving his bare face right in front of me.

His hair was in a mess as his curly fringe falls on the top of his eyes. Some of it passes and it looks totally good on him.

His sweaty hands slowly releases from its tight grip and I feel him calm down a bit as the siren slowly fade out of place.

"They're gone." He mumbled and though shaking, I manage to nod my head in response.

"I'll release my hand. Promise me you won't freak out." He said and with shaky breath, I muffle a less audible 'YES'.

"Alright. You are free now missy. Don't get in trouble next time." He said and turn his heels away from me.

I stood still gaining my concious from the rush of nervousness that almost given me a heart attack. He was about to walk away when I decided to call him out.

"H-Hey! W-Who are you?" I stutter.

He whip his head back and there I saw his whole face from the good amount of light coming from the light post.  I recognize him. It's him, the guy next door and the one who almost kill me.

"Call me Alex!" He smirks and turn away but back again as I sounded.

"You..What did you..why did you drag me into this mess!" I manage between my gritted teeth as I pointed my fingers to him, cursing him.

"Hey! You're in big trouble out there! If I didn't drag you what do you think might that gangsters did to you? In fact it's.."

"It's your what!?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. Okay!?" He said throwing both of his hands in the air. "I didn't mean to. I was just scared that they might involve you into this mess so I tried to save you at that!"

"Really? You think I'll be safer with you? You almost kill me remember?!" I said frustrated and he just shook his head and throw me his oh-so-bored look.

"And here I thought I'm the one whose in trouble!" I hissed and glare at him.

"Whatever! Just go home and next time, don't go home late if you don't want that thing to happen again." He said and turn his heels to leave but look back as if he forgotten something.

"And oh! You look like a mess with that short skirt of yours. Though, you look totally hot!" And that I reddened in anger and embarrassment.

Realizing it, my skirt curled up from the run I got earlier and adds up to it is when he pinned me on the wall which I struggle to lower myself in attempt to get away from his face which causes my skirt to stick on the wall and pull it up.

"YOU PERVERT! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!" I screamed and pull down my skirt before stomping through our house. That Jerk!

---

Thanks for reading(*^﹏^*)

©Janie(*^﹏^*)