Chapter 28

>Sarah's POV<

"Back to the bus!" Calum sings. After eating and walking around for a little bit, we decided to head back to the bus, which was still parked in the parking lot of the radio station.

We had been walking for a quite a while. My feet hurt slightly, so I am glad to be heading back to the bus, where I can shower, relax, and hang out with my favorite band.

"Gimme a piggyback ride?" I ask Michael innocently, batting my eyelashes.

He rolls his eyes playfully but crouches down so I can hop on his back.

"Yay!" I cry.

"You're lucky that we like you, otherwise there would be no chance of this happening." He teases, and walks towards the bus.

Once we get to the door, Michael sets me down with a flourish, laughing when I almost fall, but steadying me with his hand. I try to hide my blushing cheeks.

Of course, Ashton holds open the door again, making me turn even more red than before.

"Thanks." I say, and step into the bus, settling myself on the chair. I sigh happily, tapping my fingers on the fake granite tabletop. The idea that other celebrities have been in this bus, sat at this table, is thrilling.

Luke slides into the seat next to me, smiling. "Are you tired?"

"Eh, a little." I shrug, despite the fact that I actually was kind of sleepy.

"My feet hurt a little from all that extra walking." He admits.

I snicker. "Baby."

"Am not."

"Are so."

"Am not."

"Are so."

"Am not!"

I burst into laughter. Luke stares at me for a second, struggling to keep a smile off his face, but starts to laugh as well. He has nice dimples, too, I realize.

"Jesus Christ, just get married already!" Calum taunts at us, getting in the bus and shutting the door behind him.

"Or at least get a room." Michael adds teasingly. "Just spare us our sanity, okay?"

Luke and I stare at each other.

Then we cry out at the exact same time, "GROSS!"

We back away from each other, making faces, though I see something in Luke's blue eyes, though I can't quite put my finger on it. Regret? Worry? Jealously?

Was I right in thinking that I might have started sonething between him, Ashton, and I?

Dear God, I sure hope not. The last thing I want is for any drama to ruin this for me and the guys.

Before I can bring it up, the bus starts moving forward. Caught by surprise, I stumble backwards...

... And someone catches me.

"Clumsy one, aren't you?" Ashton laughs.

His laugh is just so asdfghjkl.

If you are a fellow fangirl, you know exactly was 'asdfghjkl' means.

I get red in the face, standing up. "I did that on purprose."

"Uh-huh."

"I did, actually. I really am a picture of natural grace." I say seriously.

"Of course." He smirks.

"No, really." I playfully punch his shoulder, grinning. "You should see me when I play soccer!"

Ashton grins back. "I would love to watch you play soccer!"

Calum jumped up. "You play on a team? Really? Are you any good?"

He and I sit down and engage in soccer talk, but halfway through our conversation, I see Luke stare at the back of Ashton's head with some kind of resentment. Aren't they best ftiends? What did Ashton do that could have made Luke give him such dirty looks? I mean, Luke is supposed to be all funny and nice. A complete and total penguin.Ashton doesn't notice how Luke is looking at him; he's talking with Michael about food or something else that doesn't really matter, but I can definitely see Luke glaring at him.

>Texts<

what's ur problem?

>Texts<

Luke feels his phone vibrate and pulls it out of his pocket, looking at the screen, then at me, and then the screen again.

>Texts<

I don't have a problem do you?

no I don't and yes you do. Y are you looking at Ash like that?

Yea go ahead defend your bf

What???? 😒😡😑

nothing, nevermind. Sorry I was being rude.

You always say something mean and then apologize for it right after, but I can tell ur not over whatever it is

Idk wat ur talking about.

Come talk to me in the mancave.

no.

Luke, god dammit, I swear I will call Liz. don't you test me boy

Fine don't call my mum

>Texts<

"Escuse me for a sec, I'll be right back." I say to Calum.

"Ooh, are you and Luke getting it on in the mancave? Can I watch?" Calum asks.

"No, shut up and quit teasing me." I stick out my tongue at him.

He giggles as I stand up. Rolling my eyes, I grab Luke by the wrist, pulling him towards the mancave.

He seems stiff. His facial expression is blank and stoney, proving that he is still upset over whatever it is he's upset about.

"... Completely unnecessary... " I hear him mutter.

"Kind of like your attitude."

I pull him into the mancave and then let go of his hand.

"Okay, what is it?" He asks.

"You're upset about sonething." I say, crossing my arms. "The look you were giving Ash could have poisened the cleanest water you can find!"

"I wasn't giving him weird looks, Sarah." Luke says. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You're right, you weren't giving him weird looks. You were giving him horrid ones. Aren't you guys best friends?" I ask.

"We've been best friends for years, ever since we were kids." Luke informs me.

"So what the hell is making you glare at him like that?"

Luke gets really quiet, looking at his shoes. He suddenly seems really nervous.

Why?

"C'mon, Luke, you can tell me." I say, my tone softer. "What's making you act like this?"

Luke takes a deep breath, turning to look at me. His voice so quiet I can barely hear it, he whispers...

"You."