Act 2 Scene 9

Monday, June 20

Lost in thoughts, Dawn stared towards the horizon. She had wanted some peace and quiet, so when everyone had decided to go for an evening walk on the other side of the island, she had refused to join in.

Dawn: Dusk, you are not mad at me, right? I know I haven't been coming to watch the sunset with you as often as I used to. It's all because of these nosy and annoying people I have been forced to stay with. (laughs softly) But being with these nosy and annoying makes me happy. I have never been this happy in very long time.

With closed eyes, Dawn outstretched her hands as the cool ocean breeze caressed her face.

Dawn (tears up): I'm scared Dusk. I'm afraid that I will break their hearts. I'm dying and you know it. (smiling through her tears) But I can't wait to see you and become a pain in your ass again. (laughs) I miss getting you in trouble, you golden child.

She sat on one of the rocks.

Dawn: It's really tiring just waiting around for the Death Angel. Why is that guy so evil? You can bet he's just lurking around, waiting for me to wholeheartedly become happy then he will strike. (long pause) But I could just end thing now.

She opens her hand, revealing her medication bottle. She had come along with her pain killers. Just in case. Her recent attacks haven't been severe but one can never get too comfortable.

Dawn: I could speed things up by taking these pills in one go and within few hours, I will see you and mother again. Be with you two. (she opens the cap and stares at the pills) But if I should be honest, I don't want to. This just might scar Kitty forever. And who knows what will happen to my baby Mingyu, Kookie, Hoodie, Mark, my friend Kyungsoo. How will Mochi, Sunggyu, Suga, Candy, Brownie, Alice, Luhan, Sehun, Rae, Love, Minhyuk and Lee Minho handle it? They are like my family now. Well, I'm not so sure of Hime yet, that girl is cold.... But life has taught me people can surprise you. I mean look at me. She just may go hard on herself because we just never got along. And......

Kitty: Dawn!

At the mention of her name, she hastily put the cap back on the medication bottle and swiftly buried it in the sand. She didn't want them speculating or becoming suspicious.

Kitty: We have been looking everywhere for you.

Dawn: By we, you mean you?

Minho: By we she means us.

Dawn looked up to see Kyungsoo, Kookie, Mingyu and surprisingly enough Hime.

Minho: The others went to search the other parts of the island. (tenderly) We were worried.

Dawn's eyes swelled up with tears but she quickly blinked it away.

Dawn (sarcastically): What, you thought some wild animal attacked me?

Mingyu snickered. But the look on the other faces, especially Minho, made her understand the extent to which she had worried them.

Dawn: Anyway, thanks guys. I appreciate your concern.

Hime: Gratitude should have come before attitude. I'm heading back people.

Kitty held onto Dawn's hand.

Kitty: Eomma, let's go. I have a lot to tell you.

As they walked past Minho, she could feel him staring hard at her. Just why was he taking this entire thing so personally? She wondered. She remembered her medication. Pulling out a bottle of medication buried in the sand will make them ask her far too many questions. That was the exact thing she was avoiding. She knew the exact location in which she hid it and it wasn't going anywhere. She would come back to retrieve it.

***

Something was very wrong, Alice knew it. This was very unlike Suga. The guy who would practically stripped her naked with his eyes, had barely spared her a glance in the past few days. And when he did, it was brief and lacked emotions.

Alice crawled up in bed. She switched off the bedside lamp. She could hear Suga slowly breathing. Was he asleep? She wondered. She concluded he was after he didn't answer when she softly called his name a few times.

She tried falling asleep but it was very hard. She wondered what had gone wrong? What did she do? At least, if he could tell her. She turned away from facing his back.

Suga: Would you stop twisting and turning. I'm trying to sleep here.

So, he wasn't asleep.

Alice: Did I offend you or something?

Suga: You are offending me by all that twisting and turning.

Alice: You know what am asking about.

There was a long pause with only their breathing filling the silence of the night.

Suga: And if I said you did, will you go back in time and magically change it?

His voice sounded angry in the dark.

Alice (barely a whisper): Suga.......

Suga: Alice, I don't want to discuss it. Not now not ever.

Alice: I'm just supposed to live knowing I did something wrong to you but you won't let me know what it is?

Suga: In a matter of days, we will all be going back to our lives. Trust me when I say this wouldn't matter to you by the end of next month.

Alice gasped. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Alice: That's what you think?

She sounded hurt and yea she was very hurt.

Suga: That's what I know for sure.

He was lying. Suga knew it would take the entire heavens and earth to make him forget the girl lying on the opposite side of the bed. But he wasn't used to feeling the way Alice made him feel. She made him weak! He has always had his life in order. He controlled his women. He decided whether to be jealous or not. He decided when to see them or not. But with Alice, everything was in the opposite. He wanted to possess her and covet her soul. He wanted her to have eyes only for him. Whenever he catches her smiling with another man, he instantly feels the person is trying to take her.

He couldn't live like this. A relationship with her will only drive him crazy. The right thing to do was to squash whatever they had before it grew and blossom. Though it was going to be damn painful, with time he was going to recover. He didn't like that Alice drove him crazy. He wasn't used to going crazy over a woman and he didn't want to get used to it.