"We're almost there. Are you cold?" He asked, giving my hand a light squeeze.

"I'm fine."  Is what I replied, but it really has gotten cold. Not as cold as England's winters, but cold enough that you’d want to stay at home and snuggle up reading a book. Hmm...? From here, I could see a ground level house. It wasn't huge or had an redeeming features, but it looked different from my home. It had huge glass windows and a small patio with a coffee table and a few couches. Beside the house was a garden that was well taken care of. I could start to smell the sweet scent of a foreign flower. "Sebastian... you seem to know where we are. So... where are we?"

"We're in an island that my sister had taken interest in some centuries ago. There used to be villagers here, but she wiped them off the surface of the Earth to have the island for herself. Then, she made barriers around the island disabling mortals and demons to find it." He said as matter-of-factly.

Such news aren't new to me. But it's terrifying to imagine Mira  killing all these people with an innocent smile on her face. She definitely is a devil.

Like he was reading my mind, Sebastian said. "I've done far more horrible things than she did. So much more that I could make her look like a saint.”

"And I, being able to summon that demon who has done far more horrid  things than Mira, must be the same kind of horrid, do you think not?"

He said nothing in reply but it seemed to have cheered him up.

Leave this place... we don't want you here.... leave! A static voice whispered coming from no exact location. This voice made me shiver. Specially when I realised that it wasn't static, but they were the combined wails, screams, and cries of tormented souls from I don't know and I don't want to know where. This island.... ours....

"Those are the guards Mira placed just in case. They won't hurt you."  He smiled. "They can try, but that's as far as they can get."

There's something I've never told Sebastian... and it's something that I can't just announce to someone else. I have never been good with anything related to ghosts. Yes, I have seen and interacted with ghosts before. But it took will not to break into hives. The horror stories Aunt Anne passionately told me when I was younger still terrify me up until now with her graphic descriptions as she told me the story. If this island were to bring back those memories, then on second thought, I'm not going to thank Mira once we get back.

"Please come inside." He slid the glass door open. "Please make yourself at home. I'll be preparing dinner. If you want to rest, the room is that way." Pointing into a hallway.

"I'll do that." I headed for the hallway and found a room at the end of it. I opened the door and plopped on the bed. "I'm so tired." I glanced at the window and saw a bloody face staring at me. I scurried back, surprised. When I looked at the window again, the face was no longer there. I'm starting to imagine things. How old am I to still be scared of Madam Red's horror stories. I sighed and started to relax, lying down on the soft bed.

***

At first, there was a low hum of static noise, but it got louder as time passed. The cries of the tormented souls made you feel lost and powerless. What's the use of living? Everyone around you only want to hurt you. Love? What is love? Love only brings hurt. You'll be hurt if that man with you were to leave you... wouldn't it hurt less to give up before that happens? The voice whispered in the depths of my mind.

I opened my eyes and sat up. My vision was blurry. I sat there frozen, in a trance-like state. "What is love? Don’t hurt me… no more. Hurt. Yes, it'd hurt less that way." I blurted out lifelessly.