Barry

I sprint into the CCPD precinct, forty minutes late. Just typical Barry Allen. At least this time, I didn't skip my entire shift.

I'm two steps away from the stairs when I hear slow clapping, "Well, well, well. Look who's late....again."

"I'm really sorry, my....my car broke down?" I try to say with confidence, but it sounded more like a question. Honestly, I didn't want to blame that girl, what's her name? Riley? For me being late.

"That's funny because last time I checked, you don't own a car," Singh yells in my face.

Before I could respond Joes punches his desk, "son of a bitch!"

Singh storms up to Joe, "Detective, what is it?"

"Andrew Smith! Did you see the article Picture News published today on the CCPD?! They trashed the entire police department!" Joe screams as he points at his computer and officers stop doing their work to stare at West.

Singh looks pissed, "we already get a lot of crap, now we got an entire company against us. What's next? The entire population of Central City."

Joe sighs, "you know what? I'm gonna get over there and give him a piece of my mind."

Joes storms past Singh and I, straight towards the elevator. "West!" Sigh yells for Joe, but the elevator already closed. "Allen," Singh grumbles, I turn towards him, "get to your lab!"

I nod and head up the stairs to my lab, where I see stacks of files that need to be filled out. I groan, "this is gonna take a while."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes!" I cheer as I finish the last file about a homicide. After an hour and a half I finished all twenty-five files, all of them were either blood samples or fingerprints.

I run, no. I sprint down stairs to return the Satin files to Captain Singh. Let's hope he's not in his bad mood anymore, or at least in a better mood.

As I get to Captain's office I see a brunette in front of Singh, gesturing to a large jacket. I open the door and I hear the brunette say, "so if you can return this jacket to Detective West that'd be great." Hey, that voice sounds familiar.

Singh takes the jacket and gives the brunette a smile, "sure thing Riley."

Riley? Why does that name sound familiar?

Riley, surprisingly, hugs Singh, "thank you David, tell Rob I said 'hi'." Riley sighs, "I'm so excited you're getting married!"

If Singh wasn't happy enough, he just got more happy. "Me too. Not only to be marrying the man I love, but to be your future uncle."

I clear my throat to get Singh's attention. Both heads turn towards me and I see that Riley is the Riley that bumped into me this morning. Wait, Riley is Singh's future niece?

"Do you need something?" Singh snaps.

I nervously chuckle, "y-ya, here are the files you wanted me to fill out."

I hand him the stack of files, "right. You're good to go, Allen. Oh, and Riley." Riley turns back to Singh, "thanks for talking to West, he's been all over the precinct trying to find another angle. Your idea is pretty brilliant."

Riley looks down because she's blushing, "it was really Detective's idea, I just gave him a little push."

Singh's eyes trail to me again, "why are you still here, Allen?"

"O-oh, y-ya. I'll be on my way," I turn around to head out, but I end up hitting my head on the door frame. "ow," I groan as I leave the room.

"I should be heading out," I hear Riley state through the door, "I have to start heading to S.T.A.R Labs."

Why would she be going to S.T.A.R Labs?

"I still can't believe my little Riley is going to interview Dr. Harrison Wells," Singh gushes. "I'm so proud of you."

She--she's gonna interview the Harrison Wells? As in the creator of the Particle Accelerator? No way

"Thanks David, I'll see you soon," Riley says before she walk out of the office.

As Riley passes Joe and he grabs her arm, "thank you, Riley. For helping us find another angle, I think it'll really help."

Riley gives him a smile, "no problem, Detective West."

Joe hugs her, "call me, Joe."

Riley nods, "okay, Joe. I hope I'll see you soon." With that, she leaves the precinct heading towards S.T.A.R Labs.

I walk up to Joe, "you were with Riley?" He nods, "I thought you were gonna talk to Picture News and give them a piece of your mind."

Joe chuckles, "that was my original plan, but as I was yelling at Andrew, Riley interfered and knocked some sense in me. We went to coffee at Jitters and that's when she told me to find a different angle on catching the Mardon twins." Joe sighs with a smile on his face, "sometimes you have to be open to suggestion."

Riley must be very persuasive to be able to change Joe's perspective on anything.

I chuckle, "Riley must be very convincing."

Joe hits my shoulder and laughs, "shut up." Singh comes out of his office with Joe's jacket and a grin on his face. "What's on your mind, Captain?"

Singh looks a little off guard, but composes himself, "just thinking about Rob. Oh, and Riley dropped off your jacket."

Singh passes Joe his jacket, "thanks, Captain."

"Hey, so Riley is Rob's niece?" I curiously ask.

Singh laughs, "ya, Rob's brother was Riley's dad. He always had a soft spot for her. When Riley was thirteen, Rob and I had this silly argument on who Riley liked more. So Riley wrote a ten page, front and back, on how she loved us both. Cutest thing ever." Singh smiles as he tells the story.

Joe pats Singh on the shoulder, "she sounds great. Iris would've wacked me up side the head and say, 'get over yourself'." Joe does a ten year old impression.

"Ya, she would do something like that," I agree. I look at my watch, "my shift is over, I should be heading home."

Joe nods, "see you later, Barry."

Here's the second chapter! Hope you liked it.