Abraham & Anna

"Abraham!!!" Came Anna's shrill cry, as she was unwillingly dragged into a violent conflict between Simcoe and another officer.

A loud "bang" pierced the air with a thunderous clap that reverberated off of the foliage and buildings that surrounded them. The sound was soon followed by a searing pain that erupted and spread through every inch of her slender figure. For a moment, Anna was blinded by an incredibly intense flash of white. The hot musket-ball had torn through her corset and lodged heavily within her rib-cage. Her entire body began to violently tremble, each pained gasp that pushed past her parted lips more frantic and breathy than the last. She did her best to choke back the screams that wanted so desperately to rise from the depths of her being. Never before had she experienced such anguish and excruciating pain. Her large brown eyes searched for the face of her friend through the hazy clouds of tears.

The very moment the damage had been done, she was released by the insubordinate officer, for whom the potentially lethal punishment was intended. The lack of his physical support sent her slowly slipping towards the ground, as though she were nothing more than a wilted flower to be discarded and trampled. A bright scarlet flow slowly spread over the fabric around the wound, staining the soft rosy color of her dress.