Scroll 2: Amon and the Kou Empire

Start from the beginning

'I'm dead.' She thought, desperately praying for any gods or deities out there to save her life.

"Good day, you two! It's a fine weather, isn't it?" She tried to diverge the topic. She was met with quiet stares. It was getting a little awkward now until the one holding her wrist talked.

"You're a dungeon capturer, are you not?" He asked. Azami fell silent on that. She did not want to reply, but not replying could endanger her more, knowing the position she already was in. The prince smirked and dragged her towards his room. She was ordered to sit down on a chair near the table while he went to his table and sat down. He was smirking creepily.

"Who are you and who is your djinn?" He demanded. Azami looked at him dead in the eyes and contemplated whether she should tell him about her djinns or not.

"I'm Azami and... my djinn is Furcas." She replied. Mentioning only Furcas might be safer, but he might know that she was lying. If that was the case, she will just have to smile through it.

"I see. You're lying." Only a smile was plastered on her face as planned. Feigning innocence, she asked what he was talking about. The prince slammed his hands down which made Azami blurt out her other djinn.

"Sitri. I have Sitri. Geez, no need to be so hot tempered, Prince? Sorry but I didn't get your name." She had to tread carefully if she did not want to anger anyone in Kou.

"Ren Kouen."

"I see. Well then Prince Kouen, I should be taking my leave. Thank you for your hospitality." She tried to say but was interrupted by the said prince.

"Who said anything about you leaving? You trespassed our kingdom and so, you are under the Kou's jurisdiction and will be judged accordingly." He uttered. Azami scowled at his declaration and was about to curse internally.

'Shi—' She was about to say when Sitri interrupted.

'Language, Azami.' Sitri said.

'Shi...ndobado. There! But seriously, how am I going to get out of this trouble!?' Her mind was swirling with a lot of ideas, and she even thought of escaping later night until Kouen told her that the palace was surrounded with magic and guards.

'Like that's going to stop her.' Furcas stated.

"I will be in a prison then?" She reluctantly asked.         

"No. You look interesting, but you'll be my brother's slave." He said with a dark smirk.

'Is this for real!? What did I do to deserve this!?'

'Should I list them, Azami?' Sitri mocked her. The pink haired conqueror was depressed and went to the prince's brother. It was Koumei she had to be with.

"A good day, Koumei-dono." She greeted the prince. Koumei looked up from the papers in front of him and regarded her rather coldly.

"Oh, you're the girl earlier."

"I am Azami and here to serve you." She bowed before looking at his working place. It was full of paper works and let me tell you, it was already piling up like hell. She asked the prince if it was alright to clean the place. She was given the permission and so she did. Koumei watched Azami worked and it looked like she was enjoying herself which confused him.

"You like cleaning?"

"Hmm? Yes, I like to keep the place clean and organized. Don't you think so, Koumei?" She said but stopped when she noticed the way she called the prince.

"Ah! I-I'm sorry, Milord! I slipped." The prince gave her a cold look before letting out a laugh for her antics. Azami was surprised. The prince dropped his smile and asked if she knew how to cook.