Chapter 35: Don't Belong

After a nice dinner prepared for us by the villagers; the entire group seemed on edge and I had no idea why. Weiss and I had sat together and talked with everyone else but everyone seemed so...lost. It was like a heavy air was placed over us.

"So," Weiss spoke up, "Three days until your official full year in remnant."

I nodded.

"I need talk to you Alex. Now." Grant stood and walked outside.

I smiled at the group and followed my brother.

"We need to talk about it now." He said, "I know you felt it in there too."

"Yeah," I agreed, "It was just awkward."

Grant sat on the bench across the small yard and signaled for me to sit next to him.

"So how about you start by explaining the significance of the voices." I said.

Grant nodded and began to explain, "Basically, it's the thing that brought you here."

"So two things brought me here? I always thought it was only one."

"Wait, you have two?" Grant asked.

"Yeah, one is on the white side and eating up the monster on the other side."

"Who do you listen to?"

"It depends." I explained, "The dark one wanted me to find you but the light didn't."

"Good. The voice in my head, it's kind of like an all knowing guardian. It came to me shortly before you came to this world. The voice calls itself Monty."

My eyes widen. Monty was the creator of RWBY but he died a few days before I came to Remnant, "Monty Oum..." I mumbled

"Yeah, that's it!" Grant said, "How did you know?"

"He's the creator of RWBY, the show." I told him.

"So that's why he knows..." Grant said, "Now I'm just going to explain everything."

I nodded

"The voice in your head that you call 'the light side' is actually the guy you know as next." Grant explained, "And I think that other one is another version you yourself, the one that was destroyed when you fought that giant grimm. It was Next who gave you the body you have now and has been using you and tricked you into thinking you aren't the destroyer."

It was a lot to take in. Next was just some dude who made sure I was weak enough to build back up.

"That's not all." Grant continued, "Monty believes he will fully take over your body within the next few days. He's eating away at the real you. The you from Earth. If he swallows that, he will have full control. You need to fight him and when you win, we can go home."

"Do we have to go home?" I asked, "Things are going great right now."

"They won't be for long." Grant said.

"What do you mean?"

"We don't belong here Alex, even if we stay, nothing will stay the same. Monty probably had the semblance of foresight, and knows what needs to happen, the fixed points in time we can't change."

"You're going to have to explain a little further." I said a little confused.

"The time line is starting to correct itself." Grant told me, "What are the facts you gathered from your show; even the hidden things that the fans can see."