Chapter 10: Returning to Beacon

Jaune shook me awake as we reached the Beacon landing pad then helped me off the ship when we landed. I could hear students chattering amongst themselves as we walked up to the main entrance of the school. I couldn't see through the bandages so even with Jaune's guidance I still kept bumping into things. When I smacked my head off the door frame entering the school, I felt a new hand grip my arm, this one much smaller.

We walked through the school and the new hand kept weaving me around students, teachers and other obstacles.

"Ok," Weiss finally spoke, "So, we will take Alex to the infirmary and you guys go see if you can get into his room and find some clothes for him and meet us at the infirmary."

"Right." Jaune acknowledged, then I could hear a cluster of footsteps retreat down the corridor.

Me and the others continued to walk down the hall until we came to a stop. I heard the sound of large metal doors open, then I was guided inside.

I heard unfamiliar voices speak, then Yang spoke back, "Alex Ozpin."

"It says here he went MIA last month and was recently changed to KIA." A woman's voice spoke.

"Yeah well..." she paused for a moment, "Circumstances can change."

"Form KIA?" the woman questioned.

"Let me handle this," Weiss suggested, "Our friend was thought to be dead but as you can see he's not. So can you please correct the error?"

"Yes ma'am." The woman said. I heard the clicking of a holographic keyboard then she spoke again, "Please head over to emergency and someone will be with you shortly.".

"Thank you." Weiss said, then we began to walk again.

"Uh Blake?" Ruby questioned from behind me.

"Yes?" she spoke for the first time today.

"Can you take over? I have to go to the bathroom." Ruby pleaded, then the hands left my arms and another gripped them, most likely Blake's, followed by rapid footsteps and a gust of wind.

Blake lead me to a chair and sat me down.

"Is anyone going to explain more thoroughly what's going on?" I asked.

"You remember when you left with professor Next?" Yang asked. I nodded. "Well he came back a week later and you....didn't. He insisted on waiting to see if you would return on your own."

"Ok." I said, not sure how to react.

"Do you remember anything?" Weiss asked.

I shook my head, "All I remember is that Ozpin sent me to destroy this ancient grimm thing that had this hold on me. And..."

"It had a hold on you?" Yang Questioned.

"I don't understand that either." I admitted, "Anyway, I remember landing... then nothing."

A black hand flashed in my mind but decided to leave that out.

"So, where did you get that necklace?" Ruby asked. Not sure when she got back in though.

"What necklace?" I said as I reached for my neck. I found a small leather necklace and followed it down where I found a weird charm; it was a stone wrapped in a thin metal casing. I really wished I could see.

"Alex." A man said from the other side of the room who I'm guessing was a doctor.

I felt Blake grab my arm pulling me to my feet, then lead me though the room into a thin echoey space, hallway? Still can't see.