Chapter 28: A Search for Answers

It was a really long flight back to Beacon. I sat with team RWBY and we all were really excited for our second year at Beacon. Even though school didn't start for another week, we all wanted to get all sorted out. Besides, it would give me time to find more out about my brother.

When we landed, Ruby got our bags delivered to our rooms, then we got our bikes and road to a series of garages. Yang used her scroll to unlock one of them with the name RWBY printed above the scan pad.

"You have your own garage?" I said in amazement.

"Well it's the team's garage." Yang said, "Until now, I was the only one who used it."

"Cool." I said looking around.

"You can use it too Alex," she told me, "I'll just get Ozpin to allow your scroll."

I smiled as we parked our bikes in the large garage and headed to the school.

I got into my room and closed the door. Other than having fresh sheets, it was exactly how I left it. On my desk, a white envelope sat on my binder. Inside was just a small note that read; Please meet me in my office upon returning to Beacon. - Headmaster Ozpin. I put the note in my pocket and did just as it said; go see Ozpin.

Upon getting to his office, the door opened before getting a chance to knock, Glynda appeared behind the opened door.

"Alex," she said in her usual tone, "We've been expecting you."

"Thanks," I said, "I Think."

Professor Goodwitch lead me in as Ozpin swung his chair around to see me.

"How was our summer Alex?" He asked.

"Uh good," I told him, "Oh, and apparently I'm a faunus."

"Interesting." He said, "I've never heard of one suddenly becoming a faunus."

I scratched the back of my head, "Neither have I."

"How's miss Schnee?" he asked.

"Weiss?" I blushed, "She's fine, why?"

"It's just, she didn't react to finding out about miss Belladonna very well." he explained.

"Oh, we're good now." I explained, "She almost skewered me though."

"So you're on good terms then?" asked Glynda.

I nodded, "Why?"

"Because you need a team." Ozpin told me.

"You seem to have a better relationship with team RWBY than any other team." Goodwitch added, "We were going to get you to do initiation this term but that would just hold you back."

"So I'm in team RWBY now?" I clarified.

"As long as it's ok with Ms. Rose, yes." He agreed, "Though the team name won't change. and you can keep your own room due to lack of space."

It took all my willpower not to burst out excitedly like a little boy, "Thank you sir."

Ozpin nodded, "Run along now."

I ran out of the room to find RWBY eavesdropping.

"Were you guys listening the whole time?" I asked, though I already knew the answer.