~48.0~

"They gone judge no matter what."

~Unknown

****

Third POV

The loose gravel crunched under Amalina's feet as she made her way through the cell. Jason was walking bravely in front of her. His large shoulders moved fluidly in a navy V-neck. 

The area was silent. Nothing was making any noise besides their shoes making contact with the concrete. 

The powerful aura she was feeling started to become overwhelming as she got closer to the cell of the witch. 

A few inches away Jason stopped her, gesturing that she stay still.  He stepped further towards the cell, facing the violet-eyed witch. 

"Are you hungry, brat?" he spat, hitting the iron bars. Amalina heard as the cell awakened with movement. 

"You know playing with a deprived witch is deadly" Esmeralda spoke as her pale hands wrapped around the bars. "But, I am hungry and thirsty. I hope you didn't cook this time" she teased. 

Jason snarled, pushing the tray under the cell. 

"Lasagna, yay" she cheered dryly. " I swear if they cut me open they would only see pasta" She rolled her eyes referring to the amount of pasta she had since she was locked up. 

"Would you prefer the meal or starvation?" Jason's smile was wicked as he slid the cup of water, which also held the poison Amalina had conjured. 

"Sarcasm" 

"You can just break out of here if you hate the food, Oh mighty witch" Jason mocked as he peered into the cell. Esmeralda nodded. 

"I could" she confirmed and sat on the bed digging into her food. 

"Then, why are you here? We killed him already" he reminded her. The fork froze in her mouth as she stared at the ground. "He isn't coming back" Jason taunted, making sure every word was punctured. Esmeralda simply shrugged and shoved the food into her mouth. 

"I don't want to miss out on the delightful meals, wolf" she smiled, making Jason's blood boil. She picked up the water and drank a little. "I love it here" she finished. 

Jason kept his eyes on her "You do?" 

Esmeralda went to smirk, but she felt it. The dizziness that came with the last swallow. Her eyes looked down at the cup, studying it. 

"What's in this?" but her words were mumbled and jumbled together. Sloppy.

Jason quickly unlocks the bars, rushing in to catch her. The cup dropped from her lifeless hands. 

"Let's get this party started" Jason shouted back. Amalina rushed in only to come to a halt when she saw the girl lying in the bed. She seems so young to be harvesting so much power. 

"Well, are you going to stare for the 30 minutes or work?" Jason asked her as he laid his body on the floor. 

"She just seems so young" she mumbled as she moved around the cell, setting up the items she carried. 

"Yeah, I know. She's only 16, but she's been corrupted by that bastard" he mumbled, his head going flat against the ground. 

"I think it's sad" She frowned, stretching her hand above Esmeralda's stomach. A soft chant that she knew by heart escaped her lips and she felt the familiar feeling of power wafting around her and sinking into her pores. It tingled through her veins and trembled in her blood. Its impact is similar to waves crashing against a sea wall in her eardrums.