Matty Healy

"There's a lot about me that you have yet to discover my love and I'm afraid if I tell you everything then you're not going to like who I am." Matty already managed to slip the hoodie sleeves over his hand and nervously gnawed on the end of one.

"Matty from how things have been with you I really feel like there's nothing about you that could change my mind about who you are." I admit scooting closer so our knees were touching very briefly. He sighed softly resting his head against one of the pillows and closing his eyes. Whenever he laid back like that he looked either stressed or so relieved and I couldn't tell which expression it was now. He was quiet. "You don't have to Matty."

He sits up very quickly. "I do Violet! I really do want to tell you but not now, not like this." He breathed, now pulling out the cigarettes I had gotten him and lit one quickly. "I wanna lay with you in my bed high as a kite, in nothing but our knickers like a few nights before. Smooth jazz on or something melodic while I just spew who I am to you. I wanna cry to you like you did to me, I want every little piece of my life stitched into your brain while I help you study who you are."

"How long have you wanted to tell me that?" I sat up too, now looking at him through the dark very closely.

"Since the day I met you." Now it was just silence between us for only a moment until he started brushing his fingertips along my bare thigh where the dress ended. Just quietly admiring the touch of my skin against the pads of his fingers. Eventually he toyed with the hem of my dress then looked back up at me patiently. His lips parting just a little as he pulled the fag from his lips not letting the smoke release just yet. I told myself to remember that moment with a mental picture. Something about Matty just makes you want to stare for as long as you need until you feel like his gaze sends shivers down your spine like snow. It takes awhile for the two of use to lean closer and press foreheads for awhile. Our breath mixing from the cold and Matty's fag.

With a tender whisper I called out his name under my breath until one of his warm hands skimmed along my jaw and cupped my cheek. Pulling me lightly towards him and gently pressing his plump lips against mine. He pulls away briefly to just stare at me with a smile. "I've become so madly in love with you." He breathes pulling me by the waist to sit atop his lap as he laid back into the pillows. I never thought someone would say that me, to admit love for me? It wasn't very shocking because I think I'm in love with him too. I went to speak but he cut me off short with a hush. "Don't say anything Viv. Just enjoy the moment." His voce was husk, he stubbed out the cancer stick and pulled me back down to him squishing my chest against his and kissing me once again.

VVV

We get back to the house safely and quietly. I swivel my keys out of my pocket and unlock the door. The flat is dark, the lights all off and curtains blind shut. Matty followed in shortly behind me flicking on the dimmest light while Ordon stretched out to greet us. "Did you just want to grab an overnight bag?" Matty asked taking a seat on the bed and leaned back against the wall. I looked around for a few of my clothes and tucked them in a small backpack. Sighing I felt so tired and exhausted all of a sudden. I shrugged on the bag and changed into something to sleep in since it was chilly now and there's no way I can stay warm in a dress. Matty fed Ordon for me, put him on the leash and brought him with us. This was the first time I was going to Matty's. Staying somewhere with him other than my small cramped space.

I felt excited.

"We're gonna stop at the corner store. I need a few more things back at the house." Matty spoke as I locked the door and flicked my hair off my shoulder. I smiled and took the dog following him out to his car. Before we left I made sure to put my dads truck key under the mat. We drove up the grocers and left Ordon in the cool car for a bit. Walking up to the entrance I shivered and Matty pulled me close and interwined his hand in mine. We went in quickly and I helped scanned lanes for Matty and whatever he needed. It was late, we had to be the only one in the store other than the staff. We probably looked like deprived college students hungry for anything to settle our stomachs. If anything my appetite was gone, as I grabbed crisps my stomach did flips and my heart throbbed.

"Ow." I said allowed, pressing the heel of my hand to my forehead.

Matty.

I grabbed one more carton of milk before turning the corner to look for Violet and to get a trolley. Whistling to myself I walked down a few lanes until I found her picking up some crisps. She was basically frozen in her spot holding her forehead as if she had a fever. "You alright love?" I tapped her shoulder looking into her eyes. They were glossy, she looked dazed and out of it. It worried me. Suddenly she dropped everything in her hands, fell to the ground and started violently shaking.

My fucking god she's having a seizure! I set all my things down rolling her on her side and felt her body jolt under my touch. "Oh god no no Violet please. Someone get me some help! Please!" I yelled out in the empty store right as someone closing up walked passed and ran for help. Her eyes were pure white she kept blinding making unremarkable noises. "Shhh it's okay Viv." I ran my hand along her side as she jerked back and forth. Her hands coming above her head and staying there like a manikin. Employers rushed around me informing help was on the way. All I could do is worry and try to console her as she rapidly moved and uncontrollably spit up on the floor. Her movement started to slow as a few more minutes wore. She groaned trying to move around but with the help of employers they held her on her side. I had to back away and look anywhere but at her. Poor Violet...that poor poor girl. I worried, pulling at the roots of my hair like I usually do when I get stressed. It brought me to tears as I worried if she was going to be okay. This had to be from her head trauma, there's no other reason she could flat out drop and have a seizure.

Authorities were on the scene quickly. Holding her down calming her with their words as she seemed to come back to us. I kneeled on the ground a few feet back holding my hands over my face. My heart raced. They put oxygen on her wiped her clean and loaded her limp body on a stretcher. I followed closely behind hot on their tail.