Wheels

"So this is the new place huh? It' spiffy" Sam sat on the kitchen bench and proceeded to swing her legs back and forth while I made myself a bagel.

"It's something for now. I need to finish unpacking and cleaning." I set down the kettle after it heated up and poured drinks for the two of us. I inspected the tiny area and realized I have a lot more to do than I thought. I noticed the take out that was left on the floor by Matty and I. Part of me wanted to tell Sammy about Matty and what happened last night. The total break down, cuddling up to Matty for support and that quick kiss to my cheek before he left. I probably wouldn't be able to explain it to her because I barely had all the facts myself.

Sam is stuck in a phase where she thinks I'm not capable of having any sort of relationship or even male company because I need to 'get better'. As soon as she would lay eyes on Matty and his slender figure I guarantee she would try to drag his attention to her. Matty isn't any average twenty year old guy you see on the street. He's actually quite attractive and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that. But because of Sam's big chest, pinched waist, and beauty blue eyes to match her flawless face she could lure anyone with the right standards. Yet if Matty even bothered to accompany average ol' me then maybe his standards aren't very high. I'm not all the perfect like her. Or maybe he was just being generous and see's me as a friend?

"You okay girl? You spaced out."  Sam spoke up and hopped off the counter. she bit her bagel harshly and looked around again. I nodded. "Well I love the place V but it's a disaster right now."

"I'm gonna clean when I get home. We have plans."

"You have plans. I'm gonna clean all this up for you and you're gonna drive yourself to wherever you need to go." She held out my keys for me and gave me a stern look. She spoke before I could even open my mouth to reply. "Violet you'll never get around to being yourself again if you don't face this fear. It's not like you're blind, c'mon girl you need to get back into being responsible."

"Sammy it's not that easy-"

"It's been three weeks Viv. Three." She then dropped them in my hand and smiled. "It was one little mishap. History usually doesn't repeat itself. Get going." I sighed while curling my fingers around them. I gave her a weak glare and smile then grabbed my things. Walking out the front door my heart was racing. It settled once I saw Ross leaving his apartment down the hall.

"Hey good morning." I said softly. Ross smiled wide and pulled on his jacket. We walked side by side on the way to the staircase.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked while I slowly walked behind him. I shrugged.

"Not much really. Where you headed?" I noticed it looked gloomy out. The smell of rain was in the air. Rain in June? Odd.

"The guys are here to pick me up were going to to concert tonight." he checked his phone when we got to the bottom of the staircase. A black SUV turned the corner of the complex and the tires screeched to a hault in front of us. The passenger window rolled down.

"C'mon fuck head we're not gonna get good seats late!" The driver said sternly, his blondish hair falling in his face. I giggled at his comment and saw Ross blush a little. It was actually quite funny. I saw the other skinny boy next to the the driver smiling at me. Then the back door opened and I saw a pair of black boots step onto the concrete. It was Matty.

"You've got the back seat mate Soph's coming with us." He stopped in his tracks when he saw me but smiled. "Hey Viv."

"Hi Matty." I clutched my keys at the thought of having to leave for real now. Another person popped out of the car behind him. A blonde short girl covered in tattoos and a skin tight red dress. I swallowed a lump in my throat. She was with them. One of them but not Matty right? "I'll see you tonight Ross." I tried to smile but ended up nervously grinning and walking past Matty and this other girl. I clutched my wallet as I walked over to my car.

They rolled off and I soon did too. The feeling of holding a steering wheel again gave me chills. About half way to my destination I felt so uneasy I had to park somewhere and start walking the rest of the way. I felt so stupid, like some wimp when I put the keys in my pocket. It's such a simple fear but it's so hard to get over it. I could've been dead because of a machine like this. My doctor even told me to be gentle with what I do. I still have chances of dropping to the ground and dying or going back into the coma. Just looking at cars made my stomach hurt.

I turned the street corner and bumped into someone far taller than me. "Sorry I didn't see y-" The female blonde stopped speaking when our eyes met. A tense moment shifted between us when I realized who it was.

Sadie Marcus.

"Violet is that you?" She covered her mouth as she gasped. Instantly her eyes watered at the sight of me. I nodded not really knowing what to do or say. My potential murdered was standing before me, three years later. "I am so sorry." She shook her head and hugged me quickly. "God I feel terrible I thought you were dead."

"I'm alive, barely, but yeah I made it through." I sighed, tucking my hair behind my ears. It started to rain now.

 She still had her bouncy blond curls and blue eyes. She grew a bit and her style was altered but she still looked like the girl who almost killed me years back. "God look at you, you didn't change much." She was playing the sorry guilt card on me. I wasn't having her pity.

"Not much time to change when you're in a bed for quite some time." I scowled. I was actually mad now, very mad.