He's The Sweetest

ARIANA POV

            “I’m here, I’m here, I’m here”, I yell running into the venue. My hood blew off while I was walking so the fans spotted me so I had to run all the way here. I gasped for breath and put my hands on my knees, “Great, there you are. So, you’re going to go to wardrobe and makeup, then go to sound check, free time, you know check your makeup and stuff and then concert, then meet some fans and the night is over”, Scooter said coming to me. I nodded and he clapped me on the back, “You’re going to do great, kid”. He led me to wardrobe where my stylist, Maggie, awaited. She was a middle aged brunette who was a total bachelorette. I always went to her when I needed advice.

            “MAGGIE”, I yelled at the same time she yelled, “ARI”. We laughed and hugged and talked for a little while. She started to curl my hair while I did my makeup, “So tell me what’s wrong”; she said curling a piece of my hair. I looked at her through the mirror, “What does u mean”. She rolled her eyes while I put on bronzer, “Girl, I can tell, you come in with a black hoodie, panting for breath, your cheeks are tear- stained and your eyes are puffy. It’s a boy”. I tensed and she seemed to notice it, “Tell me girl”. I was about to tell her everything but then my stylist came in “Ariana here is your dress; Maggie will help you fix it. Go put it on”. I sighed and went behind a curtain to put the dress on. It was pretty and it was a nice color. When I came out the stylist was handing me a pair of sky high purple pumps but I shook my head and picked up my purple vans. She sighed and left the room. Maggie laughed, “Girl you look gorgeous, do a spin for me”. I did a quick spin and the dress twirled with me.

            I felt someone watching me but I pushed the thought away. I saw Maggie smile and motion to the chair again. I sat down. “I still need to fix that hair. It is wild today. Ok now spill the details”, she said picking out a hair curler. “Well, Jai…… he broke up with m-me today. I think he was chi-cheating on me”, I said as a single tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped away and reapplied my mascara, “Oh honey, I’m sorry but there are plenty of fish in the sea”, she said examining a piece of hair. I sighed, thinking of Nathan, “There is this one boy, but he would never-“, I was cut off when I saw a familiar pair of green eyes in one of the dark corners, “NATHAN”. He seemed to laugh, “Hey beautiful”. I groaned. We had a little small talk then I did what I wouldn’t expect myself to do. I kissed his cheek then slammed the door. I smiled all the way back to Maggie and she looked at me with curios eyes.

            I skipped my way back to the chair and plopped down while she fluffed my hair, “He’s cute. You two would look good together”. I blushed at that and she looked at me with knowing eyes. “That’s Nathan. He’s…..he’s the sweetest”. “Is he the guy you were just talking about”, she asked spraying hairspray. I sighed and nodded, “But he’d never like me that way. Plus he’s in a boy band and could have any girl he wants”. She looked at me in a way that surprised me, “Girl, you crazy to think that. He’s so into you. I saw the way he looks at you. Did you see his face when you kissed him? He was smiling like crazy. Oh gosh it’s like your blind”. She laughed and I blushed. “Ok, you’re ready. Go tell him you like him”, she said pushing me out the door.

            I walked around the building looking for him. I couldn’t find him. I heard a British accent a little ways away and I saw him talking to Scooter, his back turned to me. Scooter noticed me so I put a finger to my lips. He smiled at me and looked right back at Nathan. I crept closer and closer to Nathan. When I was really close to him I quickly jumped onto his back with my arms around his neck. He laughed loudly, “Ari”. Scooter was smiling at us weirdly and he took a picture of us. Nathan started running around everywhere. He pretended to drop me and I screamed. He laughed and held me before I could fall. “You barely weigh a thing love”. I laughed and laughed and eventually we got back to Scooter who was laughing his butt off. I glared at him and he laughed even harder. I rolled my eyes

            “ARIANA THERE YOU ARE! U NEED TO DO YOUR VOCAL WARMUPS”, my vocal teacher yelled. I groaned as Nathan put me down and I frowned at him. He shrugged at me and leaned on a wall. “ARIANA WE NEED TO FIX YOUR DRESS. IT HAS A…… WRINKLE”, the crew said. Nathan grabbed my hand and led me over to them. It felt right to have his hand in mine. I blushed a little. “Arms up Ariana”. I let go of his hand and put my arms up. “Now follow my lead. Nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay”, I groaned and followed his lead while a woman fixed my dress. Nathan started laughing so I elbowed him in the gut. He cleared his throat trying to hide his laugh.

            We continued like that for another ten minutes. I met the rest of Nathan’s band close to the exit. I stood by them my vocal teacher right beside us. “Last one Ariana. This is for your really high notes and to get your voice louder. Ok listen to me”. He did a really high note and I tried my best to follow him. “Ok, now I’ll start a note then you sing it a little louder then I sing louder then you and we’ll keep doing that until your voice is booming, ok”. He started singing at a medium volume and I kept going louder than him. Finally the last one was really loud and high and when I tried to overpower him my voice boomed across the whole room. When my teacher left I turned back to Nathan’s band.

            Their jaws were hanging down and their eyes were wide. I cocked my head to the side in confusion. Once they got out of their trance they shook their heads like trying to clear their head, “We should probably get to the back to watch you”, Max said. He kissed me on the cheek and left towards the back. The rest of them left, doing the same kissing me on the cheek or saying words of encouragement. They all left until it was just me and Nathan. I looked back at me and he was already staring. I blushed a little and he laughed and pulled me into his side. I looked at him and really wished that he’d like me more than a friend. I felt him kiss the top of my head and I closed my eyes and sighed. “TEN MINUTES TILL SHOW! ARIANA GRANDE TO BELOW THE STAGE PLEASE”. I sighed. Did they seriously have to ruin this?

            Nathan bent down in front of me motioning to his back. I laughed and jumped on his back. He started running toward the stage, both of us laughing all the way there. He finally got to the bottom of the stage and put me down. He grabbed my hand and led me to the square that would hoist me up. “Nathan?” He looked at me, “I’m nervous”. He laughed at that, “Don’t be, you’re going to be great”. I sighed, “Thanks Nathan, you know, for everything. I don’t know what I’d do without you”.  He looked at me like he wanted to say something. “I’ll always be here for you”, he said flicking my nose. I put my arms around his neck and closed my eyes. He put his arms around my waist and held on tight. I nuzzled my head into his neck and he put his face in my hair. “Ms. Grande, show time”. I sighed and pulled back a little so his arms were still around me, “That’s my cue”. He laughed and kissed my cheek, “You’re going to do great trust me”. Before I could do anything I was starting to be hoisted up onto the stage.