Cab Ride To Nowhere

It was Just another Mid afternoon at flat 221b. John was sitting in his chair,  sipping his freshly made tea,  while Sherlock threw yet another one of his tantrums.

"There's nothing to do in this city.  Why does everyone have to be so dreadfully dull? " He groaned,  slumping over his own paper infested chair.  John pretended not to hear the last part,  somewhat hurt from Sherlock's words,  but he knew the genius didn't mean it as an insult towards him.  It was just Sherlock being Sherlock.

"We need to do something John. "

John looked up from his tea cup to stare at Sherlock,  smiling at the man's childish antics.

"What do you suppose we do then?  Ever possible client that waltzed in today you have shot down. " He stated matter of factually​.  Sherlock rolled his eyes at this and stood to his feet once more.

"That's because they were all boring. "

"What about the woman with the husband that disappeared only to be found dead in an abandoned warehouse. supposedly he hung himself,  but signs show his neck had been snapped post morteum. That sounded like something we would normally take. "

"Well I don't want to take a case today.  Geeze John catch up.  I wanted to do something with you,  but there's no where fun to go. "

John blushed a deep shade of crimson and turned his eyes back down to the tea cup.

"Oh." He mumbled,  fiddling with the porcelain handle nervously. Sherlock smiled at this,  glad he could see that perfect shade of red he loved so much. This was enough to convince him they should go out somewhere.

"I need ideas John. Where should we go? " He asked,  grabbing his coat and placing it on before grabbing Johns and throwing it at him.  John barely had time to move the tea away before the coat draped itself over his head.

"Ha ha.  Very funny Sherlock. " Johns voice was muffled slightly from the fabric covering his face. Sherlock covered his mouth with his hand.  To most it would appear as if he were lost in thought,  but what he really was doing was holding back the laughter that threatened to escape.  John huffed and set his tea down on the table before grabbing his coat off of his head.

"I don't know.  Anywhere is fine."

"Nope.  It has to be perfect.  Think of am actual place." Sherlock replied,  opening the door for John as they stepped out the room.  John paused for a moment,  thinking on the many places him and Sherlock had been to over the years.

"Well,  we could go to Tierra Brindisa. They do have good food. " John offered, but Sherlock shook his head.

"We go there to much.  Plus I think his wife has the hots for you." Sherlock grumbled the last part,  still a bit upset about the matter.  Together they descended the stairs and said a goodbye to Miss. Hudson.

"The woman's like 80. She doesn't like me Sherlock. "

"Then why was she staring at you then? "

"Because I was soaking wet and ruining the chairs.  You pushed me in that pool remember? " John explained. Sherlock stopped at this. John stopped walking as well and waited for the genius.  Sherlock stood still for a few moments, thinking about what had been said,  before finally he smiled and looked back down at John.

"Well she still didn't have a right to stare at you.  That's my job. "

"well... I.. Um.  You can't.. " John stammered, his face flushing crimson. Sherlock grinned to himself in satisfaction and took Johns hand,  leading him to the cab he had hailed down while the other was busy stumbling over his own words.

"Where to Sir? " The cabby asked politely, holding the door for the two.  Sherlock let John enter first.

"I'll let you know when I have an Idea. "

The cabby was confused for a moment,  after all he was used to people knowing were it was they wanted to go, but he finally just shrugged to himself and got back into the car, deciding to ride around the most popular places couples liked to go to during this time of year. He knew by the way the two looked at each other that they were together, and to him it was the cutest thing in the world.

"They've set up Christmas lights up in the town square that are quite beautiful." The Cabby suggested, but Sherlock just shook his head.

"To many people gawking about. What about that little bakery by the coat shop? " He asked,  turning to John. 

"That would be lovely,  but the bakery is closed this week for renovations. "

"How about the Coffee shop on fourth?"

"Owner was shot in a burglary."

"The Tavern? "

"Burned down"

"Dear god is there any place we've been that hasn't been destroyed? " Sherlock laughed,  smiling his million dollar smile. That contagious smile of his always made John smile too.  The Cabby watched from up front as the two smiled at each other like idiots. John gazed deep into Sherlock's eyes,  held in awe by their beauty. His eyes where a galaxy of emotion. The right,  a sea of blue, the storms of intelligence dancing across the waters.  And on the left,  a forest,  dark and mysterious,  hinting at all the words unspoken. Sherlock's eyes truly were captivating and the more John gazed into them,  the more they seemed to pull him in.

Sherlock stared back with just as much wonder. John was the greatest thing that had ever happened to him,  and Sherlock swore he would remember that for the rest of his life.

"John." He whispered,  snapping the shorter man out of his trance.

"Hmm? "

Sherlock took this as his chance and quickly leaned in, gently placing his lips upon John's. It was a soft,  tender kiss and with each passing moment John felt all his worries melt away.  All he knew was then and now.  All he could think of was Sherlock.

"So adorable. " The cabby mumbled,  still watching from up front. 

"mmf-what?!" John exclaimed,  pulling away from Sherlock to stare at the driver in shock.

"Hmm?  What I didn't say anything."

"Yes you did. "

"Jawwn. " Sherlock complained,  placing butterfly kisses down his neck in attempts to gain back Johns attention. Eventually John gave in and their lips met once more,  tangled in the ancient dance of love.

The cabby sat there awkwardly, secretly watching the two.

"I can pull over if you guys want." He stated loudly,  making the two jump apart once more from the sudden noise.  This time they both glared at the man.

"Just drive! " The said in unison.

The Cabbie smiled and drove on,  secretly happy he had found his new favorite ship.

Surprise!!  I actually updated this thing.  Be happy because I originally wasn't going to anytime soon, but I had an idea in class and I wrote it down whoop whoop.  Like always don't forget to comment and like the chappy.  Let me know how much you liked/ hated it.  Thanks. 

~kenny