(2)Those Little Pills

Here is Chapter two, vote, comment, enjoy.

Warning there is abuse in this chapter.

No I am not the main character in here. We just share a name. :P

Ch 2.

The phone continued to ring, as Alicia glided over to it. She picked it up on the fifth ring.

"Hello, this is Alicia speaking, how may I help you?"

"Alicia, this is Karren, Sarah's mo-mother." The woman on the other line whispered.

"Ah, hello Karren. Your daughter is currently under, she tried to harm her-"

"Hush, I don't care for that little brat!" She hissed, "I am just calling to warn you that my husband will be coming over tomorrow to see her, and she needs to be awake."

"I'm afraid the doctors put her in solitude for the rest of the week, but let me check my calendar to see if-"

"WOMAN! ARE YOU USING THE PHONE?" a man yelled in the background.

Alicia pressed her phone closer to her ear.

"No, no I am just checking the battery-"

"Liar! Who are you calling?" the man demanded.

There was a loud crash, and the sound of glass breaking. With a click, the line went dead.

Alicia relaxed, setting the cordless phone back in its cradle. She slumped over the desk, stressed out over this girl's family issues.

Alicia could remember the day she first met Sarah.

One year ago, she was walking down the busy street, trying to stay out of range of the Bosses. Her and Joel already split up, incase one of them were captured. Alicia looked up at the dimed night sky, the city lights blocking out the vibrant stars in the sky, when she heard a scream to her right.

"Shut up! Your religion is pointless! Men are not in charge of women! Amen, really is an Egyptian god, called Amon the god of life and creation. Homosexuals are not the spawn of the devil! Stop quoting that book at me! Hitt-"

There was a crack in the air, like leather striking skin.

Alicia looked at the medium sized, white cottage house next to her. On the front lawn, was a teen, an angry man holding a belt and a book, and a crying woman standing in the door way. Alicia hid behind the flowering lilac bush.

She watched in shock, as the man beat the teen with the belt.

"You worship the gods of your fathers!" the teen shrieked, pulling out a knife from her sleeve.

The teenage girl held it up to her chest, directly over her heart. "Where is your precious god now? Is he going to stop me from killing myself?" she screamed.

"Ken she is delusional! Don't hurt her anymore!" the woman from the door way sobbed.

"She needs to learn how to bow down and learn some respect!" the man, Ken, knocked the knife from her hands, and struck her on her cheek.

Her lips cracked, and she started to bleed. The girl fell flat on her face, all of the energy she had, suddenly left her. Ken lit a cigarette, and blew smoke at her.

"Mary, go inside and get me a beer."

"Bu- but you have already had fiv-"

"Go woman!" Ken snarled at his wife.

Once Mary left, Ken knelt down to the girl's body. Pressing his cigarette butt into her skin, he watched as her skin started to pucker, and turn red. For the girl's sake, she was already unconscious.

From where Alicia observed this, she could smell the different sent to her blood. Alicia knew, that sent. Only one other human has ever had it. And that human had been missing for quite some time. Alicia set her plans in action; she would kidnap the girl.

She fished out her disposable phone, and punched in Joel's number.

"Find me, we have our selves a milk ticket." She barely whispered.

There was a grunt in response on the other end of the line, followed by a click.

Alicia picked a lilac off of the bush, and waited for Joel. From what Alicia had witnessed, it will take a man to convince that girl's father to let her go.

Joel arrived, touching Alicia's elbow, letting her know that they are being followed. She looked up at her love, and whispered the plan into his ear. Joel's eyes widened, then an evil smile crossed his face. The couple put their heads together, and started to quietly chant the spells that were needed. Joel's body changed, from a strong twenty something, to a forty, beer gut pastor. Alicia changed as well. Her skin turned from mocha to a pasty white, her hair from caramel to a mousy brown, her clothes resembled that of a PTA mom.

Joel and Alicia embraced each other. They both knew that this girl could clear both of their names. Joel walked to the little stone path up to the house, and Alicia followed three steps behind him, with her head cast down.

They wove a lie to Ken. Telling him that a church just outside town, took in insane teenagers, and used therapy, the bible, and old-world practices to cure the teenagers of their possession.

Ken was reluctant, but when they told him that they had stopped someone from calling the cops on his beating, he agreed.

He looked down at his pathetic daughter, wishing he had a boy.

"When does Sarah leave?" he asked, aware that Mary was standing behind him, holding a tray of iced tea, and a glass of beer.

"We hope she can leave tonight." Joel urged.

"And what does that woman behind you do?" Mary asked, ushering the group inside.

Joel nodded his head for her to speak.

"I am the secretary, and I read the good book to the patients." Alicia stated, looking directly into Mary's eyes.

Mary nodded, and ushered them into a lavishly decorated living room. With one wall covered with books, and other religious items, and the other wall had a family tree, the room seemed packed.

Through the night, Alicia and Joel learned everything they could about Sarah. They learned she was homeschooled, she didn't believe in any sort of religion, her parents thought she did drugs, and that she didn't speak out. Aside from the incident outside.

Ken turned to his wife, "Go pack all of her clothing."

Mary weakly nodded, and all but ran from the room.

"Alicia, go assist Mary." Joel commanded, turning to her and mouthing "Talk to the mother alone, I'll take the father."

Alicia nodded, and followed Mary up the stairs.

The two women packed the girl's clothing in silence, until Sarah crept into her room.

"Mom, what are you doing?" she whispered.

"These people are taking you away, so you can stay away from your father." She answered.

The teen was shocked. "What about you? How will you get away?"

Her mother pulled Sarah into a hug. "I'm sorry love, I can't leave him."

Alicia kept packing, throwing the girl's clothing into the bag.

"Is there anything besides clothing you would like to bring?" she asked as sweetly as she could.

The girl glared at her, and walked over to her closet, that now was bare, besides a few slinky dresses. She picked those dresses up, and a stuffed cat and handed them to Alicia.

"What is your name?" Sarah asked.

"Alicia. Let us join the men down stairs." Alicia turned on her heel, and fled the room, not wanting to witness another emotional moment.

Alicia started to walk around the tiny apartment, thinking on that night she met Sarah, and lost Joel. She didn't know all of Sarah's past, nor did she want to. Sarah was just another unlucky human, who had the horrible opportunity of saving a race, of selfish creatures.