Chapter 30: Riley's P.O.V

I shuffled nervously in my seat waiting for my N.E.W.T results to come in. Looking either side of me I saw James biting his nails and Alex, my boyfriend of 2 years (he's a lot nicer than Matt), anxiously playing with his fingers. Placing my hand on his, I stopped his movements, smiling up at him when a loud hooting was heard and flocks of owls flew into the great hall, dropping letters in front of every seventh year.

Ripping open the parchment, my eyes scanned over the neatly written results, pride washing over me.

"I've done it! I got the grades I needed!"

Alex wrapped me up in a big hug as a cheer erupted from the Slytherin side of the hall. Turning to see what the commotion was all about I saw Willow stood on the table waving her letter in the air yelling.

"It's like getting my acceptance letter to Hogwarts all over again!"

Laughing I looked over to where Lou would be, only for her not to be sat there. Quickly looking around the rest of the hall I noticed her blonde head caught up in a heated kiss from her boyfriend from day one, James Sirius Potter. I guess she got the grades she wanted. Leaning into Alex's warm body, I smiled contently. Life couldn't get any better in this moment.