Chapter 29: Lou Ellen's P.O.V

Besides the aches and pain throughout my body, I was quite comfy. I was sat in one of the hospital beds in a soft dressing gown, smothered in blankets. My time in the hospital would only last a week but I was happy with getting my homework sent to me and doing it in my warm cocoon of comfiness and I still see my friends. James visits me everyday and Riley and Willow always sneak me cookies whenever Madame Pomfrey isn't looking.

At this moment, I was nibbling on a cereal bar, reading up about potions and I wasn't expecting visitors any time soon. However, I was disturbed when I heard a group of running footsteps and insults echoing off the castle walls. Intrigued, I put my book to the side and poked my head out of my nest of blankets to find a battered and bruised Matt who seemed to be running for his life. The next moment, I saw my sister sprinting after him, shouting insults which quickly roused Madame Pomfrey from her office.

"What in Merlin's beard is going on here?" She exclaimed.

"I'M ABOUT TO DECAPITATE THIS WORTHLESS THING!" Riley shouted, struggling to go attack him now that James and Willow had ran in to restrain her.

Matt was whimpering in the corner and Madame Pomfrey shooed him into her office just as I began to struggle out of my bed. As soon as my feet touched the cold floor, I winced as I stretched my muscles too far and immediately, all heads turned towards my direction.

"Miss Hunter! You are in no condition to go walking about!" She ushered me to go back to bed, but as soon as I saw a gash on the side of Riley's head, I slowly staggered over to her.

James ran over to me and slid his hands under my arms as I stumbled. "You shouldn't be up, Lou." His face was full of concern. "Let us sort this out first and then I promise we will tell you everything."

Conflicted, I looked to Riley and saw her continue to spit insults towards Matt even though he was in Madame Pomfrey's office. I noticed that James was subtly nudging me back to my bed, and grudgingly, I let him seeming as this wasn't going to help my physical state. Moments after I was in bed, Professor McGonagall glided into the Hospital Wing to settle things.

"Miss Hunter! You have done enough!" McGonagall exclaimed savagely. "Unless you want to give me a reason to expel you, I would stand outside and wait for me to resolve things with Mr Gates."

Riley's face turned enraged but after she saw my pleading expression, she turned sharply and stormed out. Professor McGonagall marched into Madame Pomfrey's office to consult Matt, Willow followed Riley and James stayed by my side, looking furious.

Besides the muffled arguments from either side of the Hospital wing, it was quiet. James ran his hand through his hair and then clasped it onto my hand and his face softened.

I shuffled around so I was leaning on my pillows to face James. "What happened?"

James hesitated, his eyes momentarily dropped from mine but quickly flickered back. "He- um, well.. He called you a Mudblood.."

My eyes widened. "How did he find out?" I whispered. "No one was told about my real parentage."

James squeezed my hand gently. "We don't know. Hopefully Professor McGonagall will find out."

As the minutes passed, the voices carried on and James stayed by my side holding my hand, while I stared angrily at the wall. It wasn't too much of a deal about being a Mudblood, but the fact someone found out about it and talked to others without my permission, that's not okay. For a moment my eyes brimmed with tears but I fought them back. It felt like forever until Professor McGonagall walked outside of the office and called for Riley and Willow to come back in.

Everyone settled around my bed but I carried on staring at one spot while I listened.

"It turns out that Matthew Gates searched in the files of students without permission and read both Hunter files." Professor McGonagall informed, in the meanwhile, Riley decided punching a wall was the smartest option.

This brought me out my daze. "Riley why."

She shook off the pain and spat. "He shouldn't get away with that. Calling her a 'Mudblood', he's the one filled with filth." She started to pace, ignoring the blood dribbling from her knuckles. "Professor you must do something!"

"I can inform you that I am doing what is needed Miss Hunter." Professor McGonagall gave an expression of understanding. "Mr Gates will be having continuous detentions for the rest of this year for that kind of name calling and using the 'Sectumsempra' spell on another student."

Riley mumbled some incoherent phrases but didn't disagree.

"As for the rest of you. Riley, please let Madame Pomfrey look at your injuries. Lou Ellen, I don't want to see you leaving that bed again, moving after your first Transfiguration is highly dangerous." She pursed her lips, looking at each of us. "Mr Potter and Miss Redwood, once you've said your goodbye's, I hope you'll head straight to the lessons you have already lost time from."

On the last word, Professor McGonagall left and in her place stood Madame Pomfrey who began to heal Riley's hand. When she got to the cut on her eyebrow, she sighed once removing the blood.

"Due to casting the healing charm on yourself without much practice, I'm afraid I cannot heal it any further, meaning that I cannot remove that scar from your eyebrow." Madame Pomfrey explained but Riley shrugged in response.

Sighing once again, Madame Pomfrey walked away towards her office, leaving us four.

"You guys should probably go." I suggested.

For a moment, Riley showed her broken eyes before covering it with her strong facade. I reached out a hand and squeezed her's before she turned on her heel and stalked off.

James stood up, letting go of my hand, and kissed me on the forehead firmly.

"I don't care what blood you have. You're still my Lou Ellen and you're still beautiful to me."