Chapter 13: Lou Ellen's P.O.V

"And take care. Watch out for bludgers, they're nasty little buggers." Riley fussed, showing her extremely rare Motherly side.

"Yes mother." I hugged her. "I'll be fine."

I turned to see James walk up to me. "Hey, don't let all of our practice go to waste." he smirked.

It must've been the adrenaline because the next moment I found myself hugging him, and he was hugging back. There was a loud squeal from beside me, I turned to look at Riley who's face had turned bright red and she had slapped her hand across her mouth.

Letting go, I coughed and smoothed out my Quidditch robes. James tried to hide his blush and said another 'Good luck' and I watched him walk away to the gryffindor stands.

"Oh. My. Merlin. THAT WAS ADORABLE! YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER!" Riley ran up to me, squeezed the breath out of my lungs, let go and ran off in the same direction as James. "OH AND GOOD LUCK!"

Laughing, I hoisted my broom over my shoulder and walked over to my team. I could hear the roaring crowds from the towering stands that surrounded the pitch and my heart thumped with excitement. The Hufflepuff Captain gave her usual speech before any match and then herded us to the place where we would fly out and start the match. This would be the first time playing against Slytherin for me and I hoped they would play a clean game.

Madam Hooch, the flying instructor and Quidditch referee, called over the loud crowd for the players to fly to their starting positions. My team mounted their brooms and I followed suit, trying to even out my breathing and I flew to my starting position above all of the other players and opposite the Slytherin Seeker. He looked to be in his Fifth Year.

The two Bludgers were released and I watched them whizz around and as I was doing so, I noticed that Willow was on the Slytherin team as a Chaser. Before I could greet her in anyway, Madam Hooch blew the whistle and the Quidditch stadium erupted in cheers and shouts. The game had begun.

I surveyed the pitch, searching for the snitch, noticing James looking at Riley strangely as she cheered for both teams. A flash of gold zoomed past my nose and I shot off without hesitation, chasing the Snitch as it zig zagged across the pitch. The slytherin Seeker obviously noticed my movements and tailed after me. I was determined not to let this Snitch get away as I leaned forwards to add to my momentum. Suddenly the golden ball turned sharply and started to scale up the side of a stand.

Smirking, I easily turned and continued to follow the Snitch. At that moment, the Slytherin seeker rammed into my side, making me lose my balance slightly. Booing filled the stadium by the three other Houses. Quickly, I regained my balance and continued to chase. I wasn't aware of the current score and who was winning, only that the Snitch was a few centimetres out of my reach. It then decided to plummet down once it had scaled to the top of the stand and I followed at an intense speed.

The Slytherin was still glued to my side, attempting to knock me off course. I didn't budge and this must've made him, let's say a bit angry. Suddenly I felt his fist in my gut and I lost my breath and slid off my broom. I was now plummeting towards the ground. Gasps and screams came from the stands but I still had my priorities set to the Snitch. Squinting at the Snitch, I stretched my arm out as much as I could, my fingers wrapping around the cold metal of the flying ball. I sighed happily.

But then, I realised I was still falling to my probably imminent death. I was metres from the ground before I heard what I think was a cushioning spell, but it wasn't casted quick enough. The Quidditch pitch floor magnified in seconds and then it went black.