Chapter 11: Lou Ellen's P.O.V

I was sat in the Great Hall eating breakfast whilst reading over some Transfiguration Charms when I saw Riley run through the large doors towards me. When she got close enough, I saw that she had tears of laughter pooling from her eyes.

After moments of gasping and hitting the table with her fist, she managed to wheeze out, "James's.. Hair... Merlin's Beard... it's so beautiful." Then she carried on, head in her arms and shoulders shaking with her fits of laughter.

I felt sorry for James, but personally I'm sure he'd look great in whatever style his hair was. Speaking of the devil, I saw him shuffle into the hall looking rather embarrassed due to his wild hair changing colour this morning to become a soft shade of pink. He sat down next to me and glared at Riley who's eyes were bulging at the attempt to restrain her laughing.

"Hey James. Something seems different about you today." Riley's shoulders to shuddered with silent laughter. "Okay, I can't take this. I'm going to the bathroom." She guffawed and walked away holding her stomach.

James looked slightly miserable. "Hey, don't feel down. I personally think that you could pull off any hair colour." I smiled through my blush.

He returned the smile and combed through his tangled pink hair. "Thanks. I just hope this wears off soon."

"C'mon." I picked up my stuff and beckoned him to follow me. "I walk with you to your class."

I walked all the way down to the dungeons where the potion classrooms are, only to see Riley talking and laughing with a slytherin girl. I excused myself from James and walked over to her. "Hey Riley, who's this?"

"Oh this is Willow Redwood, she's in my Astrology class. She's like me, a prankster."

My eyes widened at this. Great just what I needed, another Riley. "Err hi. I'm Lou Ellen, Riley's sister."

Willow smiled cheekily at me. "I know who you are, Riley has told me a lot about you, hence the reason we want to recruit you to the Delinquents."

"The what?"

Riley rolled her eyes. "The Delinquents. A group Willow and I made, and seeing as me and you were the original pranking duo I wanted you to join and Willow agreed. So welcome to the Delinquents, and remember it's only a prank."

Both girls sent me a wild smirk before walking away, Riley giving me a quick hug. Shaking my head in disbelief, I headed off to the greenhouse for my Herbology lesson, sending James a smile as I passed him.

~*~

The days passed and the only thing moderately interesting that happened was James's hair turning back to normal and Professor McGonagall summoning me to her office on the Friday afternoon. I've never been in the Headmaster's office and I wondered what it would be like. The entrance to the office was a stone gargoyle.

"Password please." It rumbled.

I froze. Professor McGonagall didn't give me a password. "Um... I don't know the password but Professor McGonagall sent me here to see her. My name is Lou Ellen Hunter."

Luckily this was the right approach. "Come in." The gargoyle rumbled again and it started to rotate out of the way to show a set of spiral stairs.

Once I reached the top, I knocked on the door and entered when I heard an, "Enter."

Professor McGonagall was at her desk reading a roll of parchment. "Ah, Lou Ellen. Thank you for arriving on time." She set down her parchment as I took the chair opposite her. "As you are probably wondering why you are here, I am delighted to inform you that the Ministry of Magic has approved your request of becoming an Animagus."

She smiled warmly as she noticed my face beam with happiness. "Thank you Professor!"

"That is quite alright, young lady. You have earned this as a result of your brilliant determination in your Transfiguration studies, Miss Hunter." She handed me a roll of parchment. "Now these are the instructions you must follow in order to become an Animagus. For the moment, I ask of you to just read them as I have planned for you to stay over the Christmas Holidays and commit your time to undertake these instructions."

I safely put the roll of parchment in my bag. "Of course, Professor. Thank you, again, for helping me with this."

"It is my pleasure." She adjusted her spectacles. "Now off you go."

I could only hold in my excitement until I passed the gargoyle and then started sprinting to the Great Hall, bursting to find Riley.