Chapter 26

Chapter 25

~

I stared at the ring, nestled comfortably in its velvet case and then down at Luke who was looking at me expectantly with my lips pursed. I shifted in his arms, moving so I could sit up properly and gazed at him with confused eyes.

"Marry?" I asked him dumbly. Luke nodded.

"Yes."

"Who?"

"Me." He stressed, looking more amused by the second. I stared at him, and then the ring that was in his hand. It was a pretty ring. Simple cut white gold with a small moonstone, diamonds surrounded it. It looked vintage and would actually be my first choice if I were in the market for an engagement ring. However, I was not.

"You're saying you want to marry me?" I asked again, this time a little sarcastically. Luke nodded.

"Yes." He answered going for my left hand again. I slapped his hands away.

"No." I said. He couldn't have been serious. After all the crap we'd been through he wanted to marry me? We'd be the world's worst married couple. Our marriage would be shorter than Kim Kardashian's. I crossed my arms and pursed my lips in contempt. "Hell no." Luke's face fell considerably and he dropped his hands to his side.

"No?" He asked, giving me the same look he did when we first met. Like he couldn't believe I was turning him down. It almost made me smile, he really was not used to the word "No" but I suppressed it.

"Did I stutter?" I snapped. "After all the crap we put each other through, you honestly believe that marriage is the best option?"

"But our kids-" He started but I cut him off with a sharp glare that sliced throught the air like glass.

"Are you implying that you just want to marry me because I pregnant with your sons?" I snapped, cocking an eyebrow. I was about as hormonal as they could get, Luke had better tread lightly if he wanted more children. He was on thin ice above freezing deep waters because I was a second away from making sure he could never have any more.

"No damn it! Gabriel stop! Why are you putting words in my mouth?" He asked, eyes flashing dangerously. I was about to retort but he slapped his hand over my mouth making whatever I was about to say stay lodged in my throat. I gazed wide eyed at him.

"No, it's my turn to talk and you better listen well because after this I will not take no for an answer." He took deep breath. "I love you. Have since the day you pushed me off of you in your apartment. Why? I have no idea. Maybe I'm a masochist. But I had fully intended on marrying you babies or not-" He stopped abruptly and stared at me with the beginnings of a very dazzling smile on his lips.

"Wait... did you say sons?" He asked. His hand was still on my mouth so I just nodded. His hand fell away from my mouth and his arms both found their way around me, hugging me to Luke's chest.

"The doctor let it slip." I said, letting myself lean into his embrace. "Any name suggestions?"

"How about Steven and Tyler?" He suggested making me roll my eyes.

"There is no way I'm naming my children after Aerosmith's druggy lead singer. I like the name Zac." I offered. Luce grimaced at me.

"As in Efron? No way. No way in hell. I hate that guy." Luke shut that down immediately. "I can't believe you didn't know who I was, but you know him." He said jealously. Can you blame me for trying, I mean Zac Efron was perfection.

After shutting down about twenty of my suggestions, I groaned closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"This is hard." I whined, and I felt Luke begin to chuckle on side of me. "Don't laugh at me." I growled making him stop instantly. He gave me a wary look, like one would give a lion who was about to attack. I rolled my eyes and fought back the sudden urge to cry, puckering my lips and looking away.