ROMD. Chapter 15

Chapter 15

~~

It was a day before christmas. A day until Luke and the others were coming home. I was so excited. I really wanted to spend christmas with him. The paparazzi haven't been stalking me lately and so I decided to go for a run. Little did I know that the only reason they left me alone was because they had a bigger more juicier topic to report about.

I jogged pass the newsstand only to stop in my tracks. Backing up, I and grabbed the issue of Lifestyle that caught my eye. I could have screamed, but I bit my tongue instead. I didn't need a reason to draw in the photographers. But, apparently it seemed my boyfriend did.

I silently put the magazine to the counter. The clerk looked up from his phone and gave me a weird look, like he was trying to recognize me.

     "Hey aren't you that rockstar's girlfriend?" He asked. I put my hood up and gave him a fake smile.

     "Nope." I asked. Not anymore. He looked disappointed, like it would have made his day to see a celebrity's girlfriend. How boring was this job exactly?

     "Oh, well that'll be sixteen thirty-five." He said going back to his phone looking dejected. I almost felt sorry for the guy. I pulled out a crisp hundred dollar bill and handed it to him. His eyes bugged out when he realized what I gave him. I smiled and grabbed the magazine.

     "Merry Christmas. Keep the change." I kept my smile intact, determined not to fall apart in the busy streets of newyork, but as soon as I turned from his eyes around I erupted into silent tears.

I don't know why I felt the need to buy a magazine with my boyfriend and his ex-fiancee on the cover locked in a passionate embrace. Maybe I wanted evidence when I showed him just how repulsive he was to me. I wanted to hate him. I wanted to be relieved that I exposed to him just how much I hated him.

But that's not how I felt. I felt like my heart that was finally starting to heal was being shredded into tiny pathetic little strands. Because that's what I was, pathetic, I fell for a liar again. I went home and took a shower, then after leaving Jamie a frantic message, I don't know, maybe it was the shock, but I fell asleep.

Jamie arrived at late in the next day bearing presents. She was overwhelmed with gifts and bags. I, however, was not in the christmas spirit. "Merry Christm-!" Her words dropped away when she saw the state I was in. She rushed to me, dropping her stuff.

     "Gabi, what's wrong?" She asked, urgent. I handed her the magazine and hurried to the bathroom where I emptied my stomach for the fifth time that day. Something was really wrong with me, food poisioning, maybe. I flushed and sluggishly made my way back to my living room where Jamie was sitting there scrutnizing the cover of that horrid magazine.

     "So what's the verdict?" I asked. She frowned and shook her head. "Great, why do I always fall for the losers?" I asked no one imparticular. My voice was scratchy.

     "Im sorry these things happen to you." She said. I shook my head. Then smiling, jamie asked."So, I guess this is a bad time to tell you that I'm engaged huh?" She asked waving her hand in front of my face. Something twinked and my hand shot out and grabbed hers. Holy mother of God that was a big diamond.

     "Cole really has an eye for jewelry." I admitted nodding. "Congratulations James. You've got a good one." I was really happy for her, but I just could not find it in me to get excited. I just got my heart shattered and I felt sick to my stomach because of it.

As if on cue, my stomach lurched and I raced for the toilet. I barely had anything in my stomach; I don't know how I kept on vomiting, but it just kept coming. Jamie came and held my hair for me.