When I got home, I went inside and said "hey guys." my mom looked and said "your home, so how's Cordell?" I shrugged and said "He's fine. Just a little lazy but thats him for you." I sat down beside Amari and she said "Can you take me to go skating.". I nodded and said "yes in a little bit." I walked upstairs in my bed and my phone rang. It was Cordell.

Me: hello !

Cordell: you left your jacket. Oh and are you home?

Me: Yea, I just reached. What you doing ?

Cordell: over here sitting where you left me.

Me: why you sound so harsh, I had to go home Cordell.

Cordell: Okay , I just wanted someone to be with me.

Me: where is lacy ?

Cordell: Byee .

Me: I was kidding Cordell.

Cordell: I know but you always doing that foolishness. It's not funny.

Me: okay okay did it hit your soft spot ? Dang.

Cordell: Alright. Leave me alone know.

Me: okay whatever crybaby. I have to take Amari to the skating rink so I'll talk to you later.

Cordell: girl it's closed.

Me: I have to tell her then. Let me call you back then.

I hung up and walked in Marions room. She was getting ready. I smiled and said "Hey Amari the skating rink is closed. I'll take you on the weekend." she nodded and said "okay, I'll just remind you." I kissed her cheek and walked out. I went in the kitchen and my dad said "hey you hungry?" I nodded and said "I could eat. Why what you cooking?" he sighed and said "Let's see, I was gonna do a vegetable soup." I nodded and said "that's fine with me.". He nodded and I walked upstairs.

Next morning.

I had to wake up a little earlier than what I normally do. I showered and slipped on my capris. I grabbed a white tank top and purple cardigan with my sandals. I put my hair up and gathered my stuff. I went downstairs and my momma was up. I smiled and said "well I have to leave to go get crippled.". She laughed and said "Alright, get something to eat cause I'm not cooking." I nodded and said "Bye then." I walked out and headed out.

When I reached to crippled house, I got out and went to the door. His mom must have left the door open. I went inside and said "Cordell?". I walked upstairs and he was struggling putting on his pants. I chuckled and said "Cordell, Awh poor baby." I went and helped him. He kissed my cheek and said "alright let's go, I'm starving." I smiled and said "okay, here let me go put these up and I'll come back for you." I grabbed his crutches and took them to the car. I came back and he managed to be downstairs. I out the lights and we left.

When we reached the school, I got out and opened the door for him. He smiled and daid "thank you." I chuckled and said "no problem. Oh yes after school, you have to stay with me cause I have to serve my detentions." he nodded and I got him out the car. We walked inside and jardsell said "Man, what happen to this boy?" I chuckled and Cordell said "you promise you wasn't gonna make fun of me." I patted jardsell's back and said "He will get you back, trust me." I hugged Cordell and said "see you at lunch". He nodded and said "yea yea okay bye." I chuckled and walked off.

After school, I was Sitting in my teachers room for my detentions. Cordell must have been by my car or outside. Who knows. It was almost finished and she was sitting at her desk texting.

Finally time is up and I could leave. I grabbed my stuff and walked outside. Cordell is standing outside talking to some girl. I can't get mad or assume nothing. I walked passed him and opened my car door. I put my stuff in and got in driving up to the front for crippled. I came out and opened his door. The girl was started to walk off and she said "So I'll just give you a call about that. Bye!" I was leaning on my car waiting for him to turn and come on. Finally he did and he kissed my forehead and said "I'm hungry, can we stop somewhere.". I nodded and helped him in the car.