Best Night Of My Life

He's sitting there with the cockiest little smirk on his face, like he knows that detention's a joke and the office hasn't been able to get in touch with his dad to tell him about Killian's most recent violation of the school's rules. No, he's sitting there and grinning, and it's getting on her last nerve.

Regina had offered to stay late today. The last day before winter break, because it was just Killian she had to watch over, and she's trying not to think about why that is. He's seventeen, which is really only a few years younger than her, and he's hot and it's not like she hasn't heard most of the girls in school talking. "Best night of my life Jones," and "Oh my god, the things he can do with his tongue," so yeah, she's curious. And maybe sometimes Regina could swear he's flirting with her, and sometimes he winks at her like he knows it's working, but it's not like she would ever – no, she loves her job way too much to lose it over some seventeen year old who thinks he's so cool, who has no respect for authority, and no idea when to stop.

A pain in the ass, is what he is, and she's going to put him in his place even if that means staying late and delaying the start to her winter break just to make him sit in detention for that much longer.

It's not like Regian is really in a hurry to leave either. The snow is starting to really come down hard outside, and that'll be reall hard to drive in. Maybe if she stays for a bit longer the plows will have had a chance to come through and clear things up a bit.

There's a soft knock on the door and Gold is peeking his head in, surveying the room quickly before turning back to her. "May I see you for a moment Ms. Mills?"

"Certainly." She shoots a quick look at Killian, who grins at her and raises his eyebrows like she's going to do something naughty with the principal. And never would she had thought of that. Disgusting.

"The weather forecast is saying this snow will likely turn into a blizzard," The principal says out in the hall, "you might want to get headed home soon. I'm locking the front, and then I will leave to my residence. Have we heard from Mr. Jones?"

"I'll have Killian call his father to come and get him, but I will wait with him until then, if you'd rather get home." Regina tells him. He has a wife and and a son waiting for him at home, and she's taking a perverse enjoyment at the idea of being the only one in the building with Killian, even if she'd never take advantage of it.

"Alright. Thank you Regina, have a wonderful holiday." And with that, he's retreating back down the hallway to his office, where the lights are already off, and leaving her to go back into the classroom with Killian.

He stands up like he's ready to get out of there the second she's back in the room, but Regina shuts the door and tells him to sit back down.

"Did I tell you it was time to leave? Your detention is not over until I say it is."

Killian grins, like he knows he's getting to her, but he sits back down at the desk, kicking his feet up onto the fake wooden top. It's annoying, but honestly, she's going to drive herself crazy if she doesn't just ignore him, and she knows it. Instead, she sits back down at her desk, readjusting her glasses before going back to her computer. It's boring, but it's better than looking at Killian eyefucking her over the desk and entertaining the notion of what might happen if she were to return it.

It's sad that she knows better than to try and tell him off at this point, and has accepted that he's going to look. But that doesn't mean she'll give in to it.

A few minutes later, Regina sees Gold's car pulling out of the white parking lot and realizes that she's been staring out of the window for the last few minutes. Killian clears his throat, and she looks back at him to see him stretching, shirt riding up a bit as he leans backwards with his hands behind his head like he's at home. "You know, love," he says with his rough accent, "If you wanted to get me alone, all you had to do was ask."