Working Hard Vs. Hardly Working

I was late, again. Mainly because Calum distracted me. When I got home from school, I began to change into my work clothes immediately, but Calum grabbed me from behind, trying to get me to remove everything instead of just my pants and shirt. "Calum, I swear. I have work."

"Call in sick." He complained. "Stay here with me." He was kissing my shoulder and I wanted to say yes. God I would have just rather stay home and let Calum fuck me but if I got fired from this job, I would hate myself.

"No Calum." I said, pushing him back as I buttoned my shirt.

"Lily!" Calum whined, sitting on our bed.

"What? I have to go to work. I can't be late.. Again." I murmured. "You'll see me when I come home."

"That won't be until eleven."

"Aw, poor baby. Do you need to go to bed early?" I said, tugging on my dress pants and pulling my hair back into a ponytail.

"I get up early." He muttered. "And come on. Not even a quickie?"

"Nope." I kissed him lightly but he hooked his arm around my waist and pulled me down onto his lap. "Calum, no." I said as he kissed me harder.

"Alright, alright. Go on." He said, allowing me to get up. Calum hit my ass lightly as I left. "But I will be fucking you when you get home." He whispered into my ear.

"Hmm maybe if I'm not tired." I winked at him and left. But despite Calum letting me go early, and the uber arriving in record time, the driver got lost on the way over. He thought he knew where the restaurant was and he had the right idea at first but ten minutes in, I realized we were going the wrong way and he had to turn around to take me back. That meant I was ten minutes late and my boss was going to be ticked off.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up." I rolled my eyes at Lance as I rushed to clock in and tie my apron around my waist

"Not a word Lance or I will stick my foot up your.."

"Miss Karson!" A voice proclaimed. Wincing, I turned to find my boss behind me. He was going to fire me, this was it.  I was done for. "Table twenty-eight is complaining about their order." I glanced at Lance behind my boss and he held up the okay sign before giving me a wink and heading out with an order towards the waiting diners.

"Right, of course sir. I just spilled something on my apron so I came to get a new one." He glanced down at my freshly tied apron and huffed.

"Hurry it up Karson." He scolded before drifting off to yell at someone else. After taking twenty-eight their order, I went around to my section introducing myself as their waiter, since Lance was probably the one who greeted them first and probably told some lie about how I was on break. After asking the tables if they needed anything and re-filling a couple of drinks and placing two orders, I was able to catch up with Lance and thank him.

"You covered my ass." I said as he washed his hands at the sink.

"When don't I? Honestly Lil, you really need that car your parents keep offering to buy for you." I sighed, knowing he was right. I may be a horrible driver but getting to work and going to school would be a hell of a lot easier. Plus, I would get to stop asking people to take me back to the apartment or to the store. It would make my life easier.