No Pressure

Calum

Dinner was awkward. I bought the ingredients for spaghetti, to make Lily happy and to apologize for being an asshole. But when I got home she wasn't at the apartment and she wasn't answering any of my texts.

Calum 😍💖
Babe, came home please.
I'm sorry alright?
Where did you go?

"Lily says to stop texting her." Startled, I looked up at Ella as she started to make dinner. She gave me a solemn look and I sighed. "Do you know where she is?" I asked. Ella looked like she didn't want to say but eventually nodded her head. "Can you tell me?"

"Well, I can't tell you.. But there's nothing stopping you from looking through my unlocked phone." Ella replied with a small smile, placing her phone in front of me on the table. I sighed in relief.

"Thanks Ella."

"You're welcome but.." she paused, stirring the pasta. "She's right you know. You get jealous too quickly and fighting with her over dinner was stupid."

"I know." I mumbled. "I don't know what happened. I just wasn't in the mood for spaghetti and then I wasn't in the mood for anything and then I stopped caring but she was mad at me for not choosing something." I sighed. "But, come on Ella. You didn't see this.. This Drew guy. He was hot. Male model hot and he's an ex-boyfriend of Lily's? I mean, I knew she had one or two but I've never met one and I certainly didn't expect him to look like that or remind her how she was supposed to go to Copper Hill instead of Northridge. I messed up her life Ella." I exclaimed, unlocking her phone.

"You didn't mess up her life Calum. Maybe she wanted to go to Copper Hill but she chose Northridge instead for whatever reason. Maybe it was because of you, maybe she fell in love with the school because she kept visiting you guys your freshman year. Whatever it may be, you didn't do anything to sway her decision." I sighed as I went to Ella's contacts. "And as for the Drew guy, they were never as serious as you and Lily."

"They talked about going to the same college." I grumbled as I looked at Lily's last message to Ella. The park down on fifth street. I sighed in relief. It was a safe area.

"So what, you and Lily talk about marriage, your kids. You're overreacting Calum. Lily loves you and she never asked for that guy's number." She really didn't.. He just gave it to her. I sighed as I grabbed my car keys again and handed Ella back her phone. "Are you going to go get her?"

"Yes. Did she sound really pissed in the messages?" I asked nervously.

"She thinks you're a fuckin idiot but I don't think she's mad." I smiled a little before moving in to hug Ella.

"Thanks Ella. I don't know what we'd do without you."

"I don't know either." I laughed, heading for the door as she called for her boyfriend. "Jake! Come out here. Calum is going to go get Lily!"

"Yeah he fucking better." Was Jake's reply as I closed the door. Shaking my head, I pulled my keys out of my pocket and headed down the stairs.

----

Lily was sitting on the swings looking rather small. Her feet were touching the ground, just barely and she was lightly kicking back and forth in dismay. There weren't that many other people in the park. Some guys were congregated by the skate rink and a family of four was over by the play area but other than that, the area was virtually empty. Maybe that's why she came here. Sighing, I began to head towards her.

"Don't even think about sneaking up on me." Lily calls out when I'm about five feet away. I'm startled by this deceleration as she turns her head to look at me. "Oh don't look so surprised. You're my boyfriend I know what you sound like when you walk." I smirk.

"That's creepy." Lily laughs and grabs the chain of the swing next to her. I guess that means I can sit down. I take the chain from her and walk around so I can sit down. She goes back to looking at the ground and I put my hand on her thigh lightly. "Lily I'm.."

"Sorry? Yeah, I know." She murmurs.

"And.."

"And you were an incredible jerk off who knows that I was right about the situation. I did not ask for Drew's number, he simply gave it to me."

"Well I was.." I say removing my hand nod running it nervously through my hair.

"Overreacting." She glance up at me, smiling a little.

"Are you gonna actually let me say anything?" I ask finally, smiling widely.

"Maybe, if you have something new to say. We've had this conversation before." She says, moving back and forth slightly. I grab the chain of her swing and spin her so she's facing me and I her.

"I know and everything you said, you were right about." I touch her cheek lightly and she leans into my hand. "I overreacted, I'm an incredible jerk off." She laughs. "And I'm sorry." Leaning in, I kiss her lightly. "I.."

"Love you." Lily whispers kissing me again. I breath in slowly as she pulls back. "And you can show me just how much you love me later." I bite on my bottom lip, trying to contain a smile.

"You can count on it." Lily stands, holding her hand out for me and I take it, our swings bump into us as they move back into position. Lily and I get out of their way and head towards my car.

"I won't talk to him or see him if that's what you want." I sigh.

"No, you can... You can see him. He's an old friend after all. I can't stop you." I mutter, no matter how much it pains me.

"You need to stop being so uncomfortable about me being around other guys. I'm not going to suddenly fall in love with them and leave you." I scratch the back of my head with my free hand and nod my head.

"Yeah, I know that. I never pegged myself as the jealous type before you and Lance became friends." Lily laughs.

"Don't worry, I'll remind Drew again that I'm not open for business." I snorted.

"Why did you say it like that?" I asked. Lily shrugged.

"What do you want me to say? Not up for sale? Not on the market? Damn, yeah I should have said that one." She says mostly to herself as the phrase pops into her head. I laugh a little and squeeze her hand before unlocking my car.

"Come on, we have to head back before your brother calls me. He's pissed that I let you run off." Lily huffed.

"But did he try finding me or text me to ask when I was? Nope." Lily smiles at me as I kiss her forehead and open the passenger side door for her.

"Just get in the car." I order.

"Yes, daddy." She jokes, patting my cheek with her hand and stepping inside the car. "Come on, let's get going." Lily smiles up at me sweetly and I shake out my shoulders as she says this before closing her door.

"Hey remember how we.." I begin to say as I get into the car on my side.

"Used to stop in random parking lots to make out?"

"How can you read my mind like that?" I ask, kissing her cheek.

"Practice and.. Boys are predictable." I smirk.

"I'll have to work on that then."

"You better. When we're parents we're going to have to have whole conversations with each other in our heads. It's not going to be easy." Lily said in a non joking manner. "No pressure though."

"Of course." I murmured. "But back to my point.."

"Aren't we a little old for that juvenile stunt?"

"No." Lily broke out into a smile.

"See, you can read my mind." Grinning, I stick the key in the ignition and start the car.

A/N:
Being on vacation makes me loose my sense of time so I keep forgetting when it's Wednesday. Sorry guys!