Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Abby's POV

• Flashback •

"Next up in the 'Teen Category' is Maddie with Toxic!" The announcer spoke into the microphone.

My eyes lit up as I watched Maddie strut onto the stage.

She began a series of difficult leaps, turns, aerials etc.

I smiled, she was perfectly on time and her emotion..it was as if she were living the character. However, at the same time this was not the same Maddie. She didn't have the excitement and passion in her eyes that she normally does.

She did a chassè aerial and fell to the ground.

I furrowed my eyebrows together as she stood up and just stopped. She stared right at me, looking as if she were a deer in the headlights.

"Keep going!" I whisper-shouted.

I watched as a tear splashed onto the stage and Maddie ran off.

I stood up, flustered and ran after Maddie.

"Madison! What was that? You are thirteen years old, not seven! How could you forget your solo?" I hissed.

"I-I'm sorry." She stammered, her face crimson red.

"What is up with you? You are acting like Brooke! You don't even care about dance anymore, do you?" I shouted, anger bubbling up inside of me.

Brooke, her name was like the plague. You wanted to stay away from it.

Brooke had quit my studio a few years back, and in some rampage she had vandalized the Abby Lee Dance Company.

"N-no, I do care about dance Miss Abby!" Maddie fought back, tears streaming down her face.

"You don't care about dance anymore Maddie. We are a winning team, but you are not a winning dancer. I'm sorry Madison, but I can't have everyone perfecting their solo's and you...you slacking off." I said, my voice filled with venom.

A look of hurt flashed across Maddie's face.

"Are you saying I'm off the team?" Maddie asked, shocked beyond belief.

I nodded my head and Maddie sobbed uncontrollably, her shoulders heaving up in down.

She whirled around on her heel and ran off.

No one found her. We searched for weeks.

It was all my fault. I wish I would have chased after her, followed her to wherever she went, because now...now she's dead.

I told her that she was off the competition team for something as stupid as forgetting a solo.

I should have ran after her, done something, anything to help! But, I didn't. I sat down and watched her run.

Now she's dead and it's all my fault. Dead. My student dead.

I haven't gone to another competition and lately I haven't even bothered to show up at dance, what was the point?

A/N: 20 votes and 7 comments for more!(: