Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Maddie's POV

I quickly rummaged through my closet, that only held a few clothes, and picked out the jacket that I wore the night I went to the hospital. I quickly slipped it on and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Blaze shot at me.

I ignored her and slammed the door shut. I walked towards the exit and stepped outside.

I felt the cool crisp air nip at my face.

A few tears rushed down my face, as I remember was Blaze had said.

'No one wants you here. No one cares about you! I have heard you are horribly rude!'

She acts like I want to be here! I don't! I want to find my family. I want to know who I am!

I kicked a pebble as I walked along a small path, that lay just outside the orphanage.

I shoved my hands inside my warm pockets as I felt something strange.
It was a paper; a note.

I scanned my surrounding and found a bench. I sat down on in and hugged my knees to my chest.

I, curiously, unfolded the small white paper.

The scribblings read, 'Good look with your solo tonight! You will make Abby proud! ~ Kendall.'

The names Abby and Kendall slightly rung a bell.

Kendall? Kendall? Kendall? Her name ran through my head, and it felt as if the answer to who she was, was on the tip of my tongue, and that is when I remembered.

• Flashback •

"Maddie, wait! I wanted to give you this!" Kendall chirped, as she handed me a small piece of paper.

A smile slipped onto my lips as I read it and shoved it into my jacket, that I was wearing over my costume.

• Flashback Over •

But was that all? I could not remember! What happened that night?

I let out an exasperated sigh as a tear glided down my cheek.

"Hey, what's wrong?" A familiar voice asked me.

I looked up and saw Bridgette.

"It's not like it matters to you or your friend Blaze." I replied.

"I'm sorry about her. She can be a bit mean at times." Bridgette told me.

"Yeah, a bit." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Well, what's wrong?" She pestered on.

"Nothing." I answered, as yet another tear fell from my eye.

"Then why are you crying?" Bridgette asked.

"You want to know why I'm crying? Ok, I will tell you why I am crying. I don't want to be stuck at this dumb orphanage! I want to remember my family! I want to know who I am!" I shouted, sounding a bit more harsh than intended.

"I know what it's like. I want my family back too. My parents and my sister perished in a tragic fire. I don't know why I had to survive? Why I was the only one." Bridgette sighed, her head bowed down, as she stared at the ground.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly.

She gave me a small smile and said, "I'm Bridgette, by the way."

I slightly chuckled and answered her by saying, "I know, Blaze said your name. I happen to be Madison. Madison Ziegler."

A/N: 2 comments for more? and votee pls ilyasm