Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Twelve

Mackenzie's POV

"M-Maddie?" I stammered, my eyes filling with disbelief.

We were standing just outside of the Orphanage, letting the cool breeze hit our bare skin.

"Yes, it's me. I am assuming you are Mackenzie, yes?"

What? How could she not remember me? It has only been a year, but oh what a long year it has been.

With Maddie being gone, it felt as if seconds had turned into minutes, minutes had turned into hours, hours had turned into days, days turning into weeks, weeks into years, etc.

I snapped out of my thoughts and answered, "What? Of course I am! How do you not remember who I am?"

"Apparently, I was in some sort of accident, and now I have memory loss." Maddie sighed, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Oh my gosh!" I fussed.

Maddie just nodded her head.

"Wh-what happened to me and why does Mom think I am dead?"

"Oh Maddie...This may take a while, but I will explain." I smiled.

• Flashback •

"Maddie!" Abby growled.

"Yes?" Maddie asked, looking worked up and scared.

"How? How could you forget your solo? You are thirteen years old, not seven!"

"I-I'm sorry!" I remember Maddie stammering.

"What has gotten into you? You are turning into Brooke! You don't care about your dancing anymore!" Abby snapped.

"B-but Miss Abby, I do! It's...it's just I have had so much pressure lately!" Maddie cried.

"No Maddie, you don't; and frankly, I can't have that type of dancer on my winning team." Abby spat.

"What are you saying? I'm off the team?" Maddie's voice cracked.

"Yes, that is what I'm saying." Abby sighed.

I watched as Maddie stood up and ran, she ran and ran and ran.

Ever since that day, I have wished that I would have followed her.

That I would have found her.

We just began to assume she was dead after a while. Oh, what a horrible thought. But, there was nothing we could do. No one had found even a trace of her.

Flashback Over

"B-but, that doesn't explain my memory loss?" Maddie let out an exasperated sigh.

"I-I don't know.."

A/N: Sorry these chapters are confusing, aren't they? I'm going to edit them sometime over break bc hallelujah today was my last day until January!!! ah! ok, whale. 5 CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM comments and 10 votes for more! I will only update if I get 5 comments that have constructive criticism ok? ok.