Halloween Special

HALLOWEEN SPECIAL:

Not related to the real story, but same world. What if the ending was different?

~

It's been days since Mr. K killed himself. We're still in need of a new warden, but for now, we work as if nothing has happened.

I go to Izaya's room.

"Hey, are you ready?" I knock on his opened door.

"Yeah, just a minute! Should I be a vampire?" Izaya puts a red cape around him, "Or if I wanna get fancy, I could be a floating head." He snickers.

"Vampire, you don't have the art skills to make a floating head realistic." I shake my head.

"What?! I do!" Izaya protests.

"I don't think your drawing of a demon sun would be considered good. For fucks sake, it looks like a 2 year old drew it." I shake my head, chuckling.

"Wha-" Izaya turns red. "Stupid Shizu-chan, let's go!"

We go to the cafeteria and see some lunch ladies holding a bowl of candy.

"Trick or treat!" We say in unison.

"Oh, are you by yourself Heiwajima-san?" One of them asks.

"No," I reach behind my back and tug on Izaya's arm, "Izaya's with me."

"Boo!" Izaya exclaims.

They're both startled by Izaya's jumpscare. The lunch lady nervously laughs and drops some candies into my pumpkin shaped basket.

"Let's go to the next one!" Izaya pulls me along.

I watch as Izaya runs along the dimly lit hallway.

"Izaya," I call out to him.

"Yeah?" He stops running.

"Bite me." I deadpan.

"P-P-Pervert! What the hell!" Izaya points at me.

I laugh, "Sorry, sorry, since you were a vampire and all, I thought you would've needed some blood in you."

"You're an idiot!" Izaya jogs to me.

"Unless you're not a real vampire," I tease him.

"I-I am!" He stutters.

"Hm?" I show him my neck, "Hmm?"

"Die!" Izaya punches me in the arm.

"I thought a little role-play wouldn't hurt?" We start walking up to the next floor.

He sighs, "I should've went as a floating head."

~

We trick or treat around the asylum wards and I realize that it's almost midnight. Most of the patients are probably asleep now. We go back to the main floor.

"Shizuo?" It was Shinra, "What're you doing?"

"Oh, Izaya and I just finished up out trick or treating session. Were our footsteps too loud?" I ask.

Shinra pauses for a second, "No, but-"

"Haha, thank goodness." I sigh in relief, "Hey man, why are you at the asylum today?

"Oh, I'm visiting their graves." Shinra has a couple of flowers with him.

"Their graves? It was only Mr. K who died though, what're you talking about?" I cock my head.

"W-Was the shock that bad?" Shinra looks at me with pity and sighs heavily. "Mr. K brutally killed Izaya by chopping his head off and then proceeded to kill himself afterwards."

"What? No Izaya's right here." I tug on his hand. "Right, Izaya?"

No response.

"See?" Shinra scratches his chin.

"T-Then, who's hand am I holding." I couldn't bear to look beside me.

"That's not a hand.." Shinra shivers.

"Enough! Stop playing jokes, we're leaving! C'mon Izaya!" I turn around and hurriedly walk away. "Not a hand." I scoff. "That's atrocious!"

---

"But Shizuo, that's Izaya's head you're holding onto."