Chapter 7: Helpless

(Shizuo's POV)

"Hey Heiwajima-san..." He turns and faces me, "Can I call you Shizu-chan?"

Speechless, I stared at Izaya wide-eyed.

"S-Sure..." My voice was coarse.

"B-But what made you think of that name all of a sudden?" I asked.

"I'm not... sure," Izaya looks at the ground.

Of course he wouldn't know. My heart dropped.

"Shizu-chan... Shizu-chan, Shizu-chan, Shizu-chan," Izaya kept repeating my nickname over and over again.

"What are you doing?" I cover his mouth.

"Whenever I say Shizu-chan, it makes me feel happy in the inside. If I say it over a hundred times, would I find eternal happiness?" He looks at me with such a serious face.

I start to laugh and he just stares at me, waiting for a response.

"Sorry," I calm down, "I don't think you can find eternal happiness with my nickname, but if you really wanna be happy, then I'd be glad to help you," I tousle his hair.

Izaya stares at me without saying a word, his face then becomes redder and redder, "There's this warm fuzzy feeling inside me and I feel my face heating up, I must be... sick!"

"Idiot," I flick his forehead.

"Wha-Wha-What was that for?" His face becomes even redder.

"That sickness you've been talking about is called 'Emotions,' something you should have," I explain.

"Emotions huh? Did I just discover a new disease?! Oh, and don't come near me, you might catch it," Izaya starts moving to the other side of the bench.

"It's not an actual disease!" I confirm, "Emotions are your feelings," I try to describe it as clear as possible, "It's something that you feel inside, you get it?"

He ponders for a while and then looks at me.

Izaya scratches his head and smiles at me, "I must've sounded stupid huh?"

"It's ok, you're cute when you sound stupid, either way, you're cute all the time," I gave him a thumbs up.

"S-Shizu-chan!" He whines, "Are you sure this isn't a disease? My face feels hot again!"

I start to laugh.

This honest side of him isn't that bad.

~

(Unrevealed POV)

I watched them from the distance. I couldn't hear them from this far, but it looks like they were discussing something silly.

Hmpf, play all you want Izaya, you're still mine. I'll show you that being imprisoned by me isn't that bad, first thing I have to do is frame Shizuo-san for some petty crime. Or maybe just play around with Izaya's feelings, either way, I couldn't care less. Izaya will always come back to me.

I grin at myself.

Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe I could toy around with Shizuo-san's feelings too. Hehehe, this is so fun thinking about it. Just imagine, seeing them look at me with a horrified look on their face. Ugh, I can't wait!

I decided to interrupt their little snack time.

"Ah Orihara-san! We need to test you right now, Shizuo-san you can be excused for today," I smile at them with such innocence.